Followers

Translate

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Under the Sea at Party Time Tuesday!

for my Heart Song Designs post, please click here.

I told you we were going tropical, so now we are diving down into the coral reefs below those gorgeous blue waters......



The theme for this week at Party Time Tuesday is a photo inspiration. isn't this just a beautiful pic? It was taken at the Denver Zoo by our very own challenge leader, Jenn. Our sponsors this week are Chi Chi Memories and Crafts & Me. Winners will receive images from the stores.


I used this fun teddy bear in a submarine image from Chi Chi Memories for my card, paired with papers from the Basic Grey Lauderdale collection. I wanted to do a little something to add to the underwater feel so the bubbles were painted with shimmerz and then I took my watercolor brush and added some water drops. Leaves were cut with a SU! die to mimic sea weeds & grasses. real shells were added and then a lovely Prima resin flower to complete the undersea montage! :)

I do hope you will stop by the Party Time Tuesday challenge blog to see the many beautiful creations of the Design Team. so much to inspire you to make your own project for the challenge! see you there!

Digital Tuesday - I love the sea
Craft Your Passion - under the sea or your fave season
Paper Playtime - water
Crafty Emma - water
Deep Ocean - sea
Crafting for all Seasons - beach/ocean

19 comments:

Anneke said...

Hi Jennifer, what a great card!! Thanks for joinig us at digital tuesday :)
Greetings Anneke

Unknown said...

This is fab Jennifer! I love it. It makes me want to sing yellow submarine - I know it's not yellow but you have yellow... gotta love the Basic Grey!

Lisa x

Mary G. said...

Adorable card!!! I think if I had have gotten this image, I would have had to color the submarine yellow! :) LOVE the layout!!!

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Jennifer, I love the colours :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Stef H said...

that picture scared me a little but i just knew you'd ace it with something fabulous!

that candle of your's is flickering like crazy in my house! i'm getting all your prayers and hugs and i'm sending them right back to you on a star!

hugs my friend.

Anonymous said...

AWW!! Just too darn cute Jen!! ;)

ddazzled71 said...

Jennifer your card is fabulous! I really love how you created the watery background with the bubbles.

Cheryl said...

I love your card! These papers are perfect! I love how you created the water/bubbles

paige said...

Fun underwater scene. love the little gut looking out the window!

Marlene said...

What an adorable card...I love that teddy in the sub window!

Thank you so much for always saying thank you for the digi images. I appreciate that so much! Just wanted to let you know. ;)

Jani said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is just super cute! Bought a big smile to my face! Kim

scrap joanny said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges- nice card - hugs Joanna

scrap joanny said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges- very nice card - hugs Joanna

papertrails leaver said...

Hi Jennifer! Just wanted to stop by and say your card is really cute! I like the submarine. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime. :-) Amy

Emma H said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing your 'swimming' with us at Craft Your Passion!

Jennifer said...

Fab work! Thanks so much for playing at CES challs xx Jenny xx

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Cute sub!! Great coloring and colors too. Great job.

Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Paper Playtime!
Cheryl - PPT Design Team

Glenda said...

Very pretty! Great image and background paper! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
Glenda