Followers

Translate

Monday, August 8, 2011

Fancy Folds with Happileigh Scrappin'!

for my Paper Cupcakes post, please click here.

This week at Happileigh Scrappin', we have a neat challenge - fancy folds! use more than 1 fold on your papercrafting creations. Goodness gracious me, you have GOT to stop by the challenge blog to see all of the gorgeous things created by the DT this week. you will soooooo be inspired!

As always, you do not need to use one of Leigh's images to play along, although she has some great ones in the store. ;) She has a constant sale going on - buy 3 images and get 1 free. On top of that, there is a cute little snail that is this month's free image with ANY purchase. gosh, who is ready to shop?! tee hee! so many deals!


Now on to my card -
My dear sweet friend Stef is going through a tough time right now. Some of you may know her from her blog Glitterbabe Greetings & store. She & I have served on several DTs together, plus gosh, she is just an all-around sweetheart! I love her dearly! But she needs some extra love & encouragement these days, so I wanted to make her a special card to let her know I was thinking of her and saying prayers.


I made this special version of a pocket card using the gate fold technique. I tried to link you to the blog where I originally received the idea, but it is now password protected. sorry! the only difference in your typical gate-fold card is the little folded portion at the bottom to hold the tag. this turns the card into a pocket. the folds on my card were embossed and then inked with white craft to help accent the embossing. I love these beautiful resin Prima floral accents I used here. similar ones are in my blog candy..... hint hint hint! Papers are My Mind's Eye and truly do match irl! ribbons are from Making Memories. the beautiful angel from Happileigh Scrappin' just seems ready to carry my prayers for Stef & Clyde straight to Heaven's gates. :)



Challenges:
Nettie G's - fancy folds
Crazy Challenge - embossing
Stamp with Fun - tag
Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle - friends
Fab & Funky - friends
365 cards - cheer someone

11 comments:

Star said...

This is just so beautiful, and I'm sure Stef just adored it. It's so sweet of you to be thinking of her during this tough time.

xx Star

NettieG said...

How fantastically beautiful, Jennifer! I am ashamed to say that I have not attempted any folds, yet. I am first an artist and digi creator and last a designer of cards. I envy ladies and men like you who can create such beautiful cards. Keep it up, and thank you for taking part in NettieG's Digital Gems Fancy Folds challenge.

Hugs,
Nettie

Ellis said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at NettieG's digital gems! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Pami said...

Great little project, looks wonderful. Thanks for joining in with our "Friendship" challenge at Fab n Funky this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Beautiful card Jen! Stef will cherish it I am sure...
Hugs,
Georgia

farmhouse-story said...

you are such a great friend--she will love this cute card and tag!

Vicki said...

That is awesome Jenni. I love how the angel peeks out of the pocket!

ike said...

Very beautiful. Thank you for joining us at SSDS.
Ike xx
SSDS DT

Susan Paul said...

Gorgeous card, Jenni. Your angel is beautifully colored and the design paper goes perfectly. I like the fold you used - it really adds to the pretty angel.

Made by Mandy said...

This is gorgeous Jennifer and I KNOW Stef will absolutely love it. Once a Happi Sister always a Happi Sister :)

Lots of love Mandy xxx

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful Tag !! Thanks for joining in our Challenge.
hugs
tina46
SwF-DT