Followers

Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pumpkins & Mice, oh my!

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Caramel

Hello! Hope you have been enjoying your day so far. mine has been busy doing something I thought I would never ever in a thousand years do - catching up with people on FaceBook. yep, I finally gave in and set up an account there. I must say it has been great fun connecting with people I haven't seen or spoken to in many, many years! and yes, I know I should have done it a long time ago. ;) there is a link on my sidebar if you should want to be my friend, but gosh, we are ALREADY friends, aren't we?! grins!



Since I played along in the Designed 2 Delight challenge last week, I was so kindly sent this cutie pie mousie with a pumpkin image. isn't it adorable? I decided to paper piece it using Basic Grey Indian Summer papers. This card is going to a special young man who is in the hospital following a biking accident in April. you can get more info here about the card drive. my card is also being submitted to the Critter Sketch Design Team call out. you can find more info about the DT call here on their challenge blog.


Not too much to tell about the card other than to let you know mfgs. - velvet leaf is Prima, skeleton leaf is retired SU!, buttons are vintage stash, ticket is from Jenni Bowlin, and I actually paper pierced the faux stitching. whoa nelly, watch out I am on a roll! tee hee! not really, but thought it would be fun to match up the stitching on the image. kept it fairly simple, but still my shabby ol' self, since it's going to a guy.

Y'all take care and I'll see you later! love to each of you!
btw - don't forget about my blog candy going until the end of the month.

Ruby's Rainbow - stitching
Use it Tuesday - Indian Summer (everything on here except the ribbon is over a year old.... waaaaaay older! grins!)
Paper Take Weekly - bingo (buttons, ribbon, free - leaves)
Tiffany Doodles - digi and kraft (card base as well as distressing ink)
Hot Spot - colors
Kraft Journal - kraft and anything goes

16 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this! Great paper piecing!

Tiffany said...

oh pretty!! I can't wait for fall! beautiful paper pieced pumpkin! Thanks for playing with us at Tiffany Doodles! =)

Rhonda Miller said...

Jennifer, this is such a great card. TFS.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Great card Jen. I love the paper piecing here! Awesome job! Good luck on the Critter Sketch DT call too. It would be great to be on another DT with you!
Hugs,
Georgia

Kim Duran said...

I'm loving the fall inspiration of your card! Can you believe the season is just around the corner? Fall colors are so beautiful and your card has really captured this! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Kraft Journal!

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card.
luv
Debby

CraftyMomOf3 said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Jen!!! Thank you SO much for sending a card to Ryan. I know it will bring such a bright spot to his day!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Sonya said...

Great job, glad you took the Use It Tuesday challenge this week!

Basslady said...

a wonderful card with a delightful image!

the paper is just perfect for your card!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenge!

Pat said...

Loving the paper-pieced pumpkin! Thanks for joining us at D2D this week.

Peggysue said...

Wow, super idea to paper piece with that paper. It looks fabulous. Thanks for playing with Stitched Pumpkin in our freebie challenge at Designed2Delight. Keep coming back to play!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Nice fall colorsand cute little mice. Thanks for joinging us at Use it Tuesday- UIT DT Haven

Ang C said...

A great card - love the paper!
Thanks for joining us at RRC - hope to see you again soon

Ang

Kathy said...

Great paper piecing, love the look of the pumpkin! Glad you joined us at D2D this week. Hope you'll play along again next week.

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

what an adorable creation!!!! The stamps its beautiful, good luck!!!!


www.mrssassycrafter.com

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is fab, I love the shabby, distressed feel of it :D
Thanks very much for playing along with our Stitching challenge at Ruby's Rainbow!