Followers

Translate

Friday, August 5, 2011

Enjoy Every Moment

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Hazelnut

Good morning! I'll be back in just a bit with my blog candy post. just need to take a piccy of all the goodies I have for you! :)

in the mean time I have a birthday card to share with you. A friend of ours is celebrating a birthday next week so of course that meant I needed to make him a card. grins! While doing some upcoming DT work, I came across Kenny K images. I had seen several of their images on projects throughout blogland, but this was the first time I had decided to browse through the shop. some of the digis were perfect for what I am needing. I have a certain 'niche' in the people I make cards for that seems to be tough to find images for - guys middle school age and up. There are so many absolutely precious images in blogland for young boys, but it gets harder and harder to find really nice images for young men and those ..... ahem...... not quite as young as they used to be. ;) That was one of the things I liked about Kenny K. quite a few of their images fit right into this category.

so onto my card ~


This friend of ours has a pool in their back yard, yes, how wonderful would THAT be in all of the hot weather we have all been having?! so this guy in his inner tube seemed just the thing for his birthday card. I paper pieced with Basic Grey Lauderdale papers. The sentiment comes from the most fabby on high Paulette over at Create with TLC. the water was made shiny with a light painting of sparkle smooch spray. I think I paint with that one more than I actually spray with it! tee hee! yes, I did get permission from hubby to add the Prima - always have to check with whatever guys are around before I add a flower to any 'man' card. really rolling my eyes over here, but thank goodness no manly men are at home to see me........ some faux stitching and buttons finish off the card.

Have a most glorious day! I'll be right back with my blog candy post.... well, after I finish my first cup of coffee. I do have to get these eyelids open first ya know! ;)

Stamp Something - digi
Delightful Challenges - stitching
Stamping Boutique - birthday for young male
Art Impressions - for the boys
Crafting for All Seasons - beach/ocean (I think this would qualify...)
Divas by Design - summer
Creative Craft - summertime
Tuesday Throwdown - summer
Always Something Creative - water
Really Reasonable Ribbon - sizzlin summer
Alota Rubber Stamps - tic tac toe (either ribbons, stitching, & distress or buttons, stamp, & stitching)

20 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Hey, Jennifer! Just popping in to say hello. I have a few Kenny K images--he has cool stuff! Have a great day!

PeggyR said...

Cute card! I need a pool now, but it would be hard to keep cool in this heat!

Star said...

This is fabulous! So bright and summery...love the colors, and the sentiment is perfect. Aren't Kenny's designs great?!? Love them. =D

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the paper piecing. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Tracey said...

Fabulous card Jennifer, your friend will love it!
Hope you're having a great weekend :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab image - gorgeous colours
Thanks for joining us at Divas by design this fortnight
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love your paper piecing!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges & Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Miranda said...

great card jennifer, gorgeous
thanks for joining the stamping boutique challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

cheryl said...

great image and love the paper piecing on this bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylx

Marie said...

What a fabulous card, so playful and I also love the paper piecing!
Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

farmhouse-story said...

great guy card, jennifer! they are so hard for me to do:)

Cheryl said...

FANTASTIC,what a wonderful image and love those papers!!! Thanks so much for all your help with Lyndall,I really do appreciate it.
Hugs xx

Clarissa Schupp said...

Oh it´s a cute card.

Thanks for joining us at ASC this week.

Hugs Andrea

Unknown said...

Hehe this is a super fun card Jennifer! Love it! :)

Thanks for joining us this week at CFAS! :)
Lizy DT x

Saron said...

Just love this card!! Wonderful image:) Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge#27!!

Soili-Maria, AI DT

Davi said...

Fab summer card Jennifer with that very cute image and the perfect dps! Thanks for sharing with us at TT this week :)

Laney said...

Great fun card
Thanks for joining us at Diva's this time hope to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Great card Jennifer :).I like to be that guy enjoying the sun. The weather over here is like fall with lots of rain.
Love it.
Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs Rosalien

Manuela said...

:-)
Super süß ist die Karte. Ganz tolles Motiv.

Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei AllwaysSomethingCreative.

Liebe Grüße
Manuela

Unknown said...

Fun card!
Love the paper pieced tire!

Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!

Hugs,
True :D