Followers

Translate

Friday, August 12, 2011

You're an All Star at Jellypark!

Coffee of the Day - Maple Vanilla


Today is both a new challenge and fun new releases at Jellypark Friends! Claire has been listening to the digi image requests and drawn some adorable boys this time around. Be sure to stop by the store to see them, as well as check out what else is going on.

For the challenge at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenges, we are asking you to use your favorite embellishments on your papercraft projects. Well you can imagine my buttons and ribbons were all excited to get some action here! ;) Even if a card is for a guy, I am a firm believer that you can still sneak a ribbon on there somewhere..... just watch!


I used this great little footballer boy, or soccer as we call it here in the States, for my card. Tyler played while in High School and is a big supporter of the Univ. of Akron team. in fact, Akron won the National title for their division last year. yes, he got into it fully by painting his face for every game! grins! I used the new sketch from Fetch-A-Sketch for my design, although a bit loosely, and Basic Grey Oxford papers. please don't look to closely at my avant garde soccer ball..... I am not good at painting free hand. obviously! the metal embellishments are some I have had around forever and seemed perfect for this card. I added a stamped sentiment oval from PTI to a ticket with a ribbon 'garnish' so to speak. lots of fun little buttons made their way on to the card, and faux stitching completes. :)

Please check out the challenge blog to see the many samples of inspiration by the Design Team. and then get busy crafting your own project for the embellishment challenge so you can play along! you don't have to use a Jellypark image, but if you do, you get an extra entry for a chance at a free image from Claire's store. have fun! :)

Pixie Dust - boys will be boys
Cuddly Buddly - anything goes
Fussy & Fancy - 3 or more embellies

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's really sweet!! :) Love the fun layout and papers here girl!! Have a great weekend!!

Cat said...

Soooo cute, Jennifer! I can always find room for buttons too! Love all of the other embellies as well!

Tip Top said...

I thought the sketch looked a bit familiar when I saw the card earlier!! Wonderful way to combine the two (I must try it!!) Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

Suzie McFloozy said...

Jen this is a great card for "the boys" - I love that plaid paper and the shape of your main image - perfect x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Anita said...

Adorable card! I so agree that you can use ribbon on man cards.

ahlers5 said...

Just love the way you put the image on a shield. wonderful idea.
Diane

Marlene said...

Another fabby, fun card!

Tracey said...

This is wonderful Jennifer! I love the LO & all the details :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx
PS. I gave the baby (who still has no name) extra cuddles from you.

Shannah said...

What a sweetie! ;)

NanaConnie said...

Love your take on the sketch, Jennifer! How fun that I get to visit today wearing my DTD Dudette outfit since Dude Time is sponsoring the Fetch-a-Sketch challenge. Great plaid paper and embellishments!

Anonymous said...

Cute card, I really like the shield shape :)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

what a gorgeous card love the colors thanks for joining us at Cuddly Buddly.....

Hugs
Judith

inkydoodlecrafts said...

Cracking Card Jennifer, my goodness you've been busy, you're putting me to shame. I've already said I'd like to look through Diane's paper stash and the same goes for you, you always use gorgeous ones.
Mel :o) xx

Chrissy said...

Great card Jennifer, love the image, and great details.
Thanks for joining in with us at ‘Fussy and Fancy’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jenny said...

Great card & great take on the sketch! I too believe that you can always sneak some ribbon on to ANY card! ;) Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch!

NanaConnie said...

Hey, Jennifer! Your card won at Fetch a Sketch! Congratulations & WTG Girl!!
NanaConnie