Followers

Translate

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Cool Card with Happileigh Scrappin'

for my Paper Cupcakes post, please click here.

I don't know about you, but I am so ready for cooler weather to arrive... and thankfully at Happileigh Scrappin' the challenge is all about cool colors to get us in the mood! Here is a color chart to give you an idea which colors are considered cool and which are considered warm.


As always, you do not have to use a Happileigh Scrappin' image to play along, but if you do, your entry gets put into both the regular drawing and a separate drawing for even more prizes! Leigh has several specials going on at her store, so be sure to check them out. This cutie little snail is available with any digi purchase for the month of August, and then she also has a buy 3 get 1 free promo running. Stop by to see what's new!



For my card, I used this fun little sea turtle. The sentiment comes from Create with TLC. papers are K & Co. Que Sera Sera. the bubbles on the main image are painted with shimmerz. I added water drops with my watercolor brush to add to the underwater effect. Of course polka dot ribbon seemed perfect with all of the bubbles! A zipper flower with rhinestone center finishes off the card.



I do hope you will join in this 'cool' challenge! can't wait to see what you create!

Opus Gluei - Beside the Sea and All Things Fishy
By the Cute and Girly - the sea
Pile it On - blue, blue, blue (my scanner makes it tough to see the variations.... but they are there, I promise!)
Frosted Designs - animals

12 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Jennifer Sweetie...
Oh my gosh, I turtally LOVE this share. This little sea turtle is so stinkin cute. I LOVE his little face and the bubbles. Oh my gosh, you did an awesome job.Is that a zipper flower? So cute. Love the blues.

I would love to invite you over to my blog this morning to meet Charlie. He is an 8 year old that has cancer, and he is the recipient, he and his family for the Miracle Makeover by Design Gives Back and Guideposts Magazine. Every comment left on my blog will have 1.00 donated towards the next miracle makeover. We are running the makeover through August 18th, and yes you can leave more than one comment. I would appreciate it if you share the word with your blogger friends. Please stop by. Each comment makes a difference.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Susan Paul said...

Beautiful card. Love the cool colors and the zipper flower.

Linda Wescott said...

Hi Jenni, love the card, the turtle is just so cute, whatever colour, I just love him. Miss you girls Hugs lin

Rosemary said...

A great card, perfect for our Opus Gluei challenge. Love the use of shimmer mist for that ocean feel as well as the bubbles of the ribbon! (that's a cute idea) I'm intrigued by the zipper rose, I don't know how well I'd fare trying to make one of those, yours came out great!

Your central image is adorable and you've colored him to fit with the feel of the card really nicely.

Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Kristen H said...

I want to miss a birthday, just so I can copy-scrap your idea. What a fun pun! I LOVE the zipper flower, that is the most amazing thing of the day... make that week! LOVE it! I love the under the sea color palette too!

Thank you for joining in at the Order of the Opus Gluei!

Star said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the colors...those papers are fabulous. You colored it wonderfully, and that zipper flower is too cool! Fantastic job! =D

Lisa Jane said...

Oh this is such a cute little turtle. I love the zipper flower
Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

oops forgot to say -thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
Lisa x

Lydia said...

Cute card! Love that zipper trim flower. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.
Lydia

nnalorac said...

Such a cute card, loving the turtle. WellJennifer, the hot weather has still to arrive here in Scotland, been quite brrrrr this Summer! Thanks for joining our challenge this month. Carolxx

Vicki said...

Love this card! The great coloring, the sweet turtle, the coolly zipper flower, and the awesome papers! Gorgeous.

Gini said...

Loads of fab sea themed details in your lovely card!
Thank you for joining in with Opus Gluei.
Gini
xx