Followers

Translate

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back to School and Circles with Heart Song Designs

Coffee of the Day - Coconut Macadamia

Hello everyone! the weather is finally cooling a bit here & I hope the same for you wherever you are in the world.... a nice respite from so much heat. Although my projects today take us to the tropics and ..... ! well, you will have to check the next post for that one! ;)

The new challenge at Heart Song Designs this week is back to school and/or circles. You do not have to use one of Leah's images, but she does offer a wonderful image for free on the challenge blog that changes each month. When you stop by to check out the lovely creations by the Design Team, be sure to grab it. The winner of the challenge will receive their choice of any image from the Heart Song store . So many cute ones to choose from! So do play along with us!


I decided to go with the circles portion of the challenge since I had someone in mind to receive my card. I'll tell you more about that at the end of my post. I chose this fun tropical fruit image and punched a portion of it with my large scallop circle punch. Lots of stickles were added to the fruit for some fun shine. I wanted my papers to have circles, too, so I went with the Basic Grey Max & Whispers collection. a different choice, I know, since most of the papers are pet oriented. but I think it worked well here. The Aloha bingo card is from Making Memories, trim is Prima, and lots of little Dew Drops were added to go with the circle theme.

Now on to the recipient of my card. While blurffing around last week, I came across a post about a woman in Australia who has a sad story of her struggles with cancer. I contacted Cheryl and promptly received the address to send out this card. (it went postal last week, so I hope Cheryl gets it soon! don't have any idea about delivery times from the States to Australia) anyhow, God also was telling me to do something a little more. so I sat down and wrote an email to several digi stores & artists I have known over my years papercrafting. Several of them have contacted Cheryl and have responded in the most beautiful way! I look forward to hearing more as the plans for the benefit auction for Lyndall unfurl. Please check out the post on Cheryl's blog and consider sending a card. I have been on the receiving end myself of the generosity of so many. I know how it feels and was inclined to pass it on. Please help bring a smile to a lovely woman. Thanks!

Hooked on Crafts - Sweet Treats
Corrosive - earth tones
Crafty Pad - fruit
Just Some Lines - outdoors/summer colors
For Fun Challenges - watermelon (thanks, Ali, for letting me know about this challenge!)

18 comments:

Patricia Chalas said...

Jennifer this is a very lovely card!
hugs,
Patt

juelmarie said...

Love the name of your blog (as she drinks coffee)) and love your card - I still haven't done "bingo cards" yet - gotta give it a go - thanks for sharing with us and good luck at Just Some Lines!

Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT

PeggyR said...

Nice card! Hard to believe school will be starting! At least it has cooled down!

Lorraine said...

Wow! What a great card. Vintage and modern all rolled into one. Love it. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is great! Thanks for joining our challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Anonymous said...

Now that is a really fun card!! :) It has cooled down slightly, but I'm hoping for more of a cool down soon!! I just registered my kids today!! YAY!! :)

aqualeiga said...

I love the vintage feel to this card, and that fabby flower too!

Thanks for joining us at THE CRAFTY PAD for our 'Going Fruity' challenge this week.

Hugs, Ali x

Davi said...

Jennifer I love your card with all the cool elements and layers you created! Really pretty:)

ahlers5 said...

This card has such a pretty vintage look to it. Lovely.
Diane

Marina said...

I love all the different embellishments on this card =D

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Very nice! - thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Some Lines! :)

Laura JSL DT

Dana Joy said...

Such a fabulously flavored card. Live all the fruit. :-)

Hugs
Dana

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card,love the colours and for such a fantastic cause...Thanks for sharing with us at Hooked on crafts Challenge,hope to see you next time...
Mandy x

aqualeiga said...

I'm back with a heads up! Over at For Fun Challenges (http://forfunchallenges.blogspot.com) we are having a Watermelon challenge. There's a fab prize up for grabs, and only one entry so far.....thought you might like to enter your card ;)

Hugs, Ali x

Shannah said...

Fabulous card Jennifer! Great colours and vintage feel!
Hugs, Shannah xox

Kathy D. said...

I agree it has a great vintage feel to it. And love that you are "paying it forward". Will have to check out the link.

Thanks for having a Watermelon on your card for the For Fun Challenge this week. Hope to see you tomorrow when the new challenge post!

Helen Dooley said...

Great card Jennifer! Love it! Im so glad you came over to play with us this week at For Fun.

Christine said...

Fantastic card and all the more meaningful for having shared the story. I will be sure to go to Cheryl's blog to check it out. Thanks for the info. I'm so glad you were able to join this week's For Fun Challenge.