Followers

Translate

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Junk Journal July Day 2 - Reinvent

 Coffee/Tea of the Day - Maple Nut coffee

Hello and welcome to day 2 of Junk Journal July! 



You can learn more about Junk Journal July in this post.


Today's prompt is 're-invent'. It took me a bit to come up with a project for this one, but thankfully one of the people I follow on YouTube recently had the perfect solution! Margreth of  SevenPlaza shared a
video in which she creates a faux envelope pocket.  I adapted this idea to the family fun journal I am working on for Ryan and Elizabeth. 


I used papers from the Carta Bella Family Night collection as well as paper from the Simple Stories Family Fun collection. I am so impressed with how well these 2 collections blend. an old game marker was added for a touch of whimsy. The 2nd photo shows the back pocket, which I adhered to the journal page. also shown is the journal card I made using a digital of an old map cover as well as a car clip art piece. the other side of the tag is more map paper.


and here is the pocket on the actual journal page. I added a vintage Coca Cola receipt along with the map tag.

I hope some of you have a chance to play along in the challenge, or even adapt it to whatever crafting you are currently doing.

have a great weekend! :)

1 comment: