Followers

Translate

Friday, June 24, 2011

A Long Hello! :)

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Spice

I have a long hello for you - a long hello CARD that is! sorry, I just could not resist myself on this one! giggles!



I was so inspired by the beautiful photo over at the Paper Cupcakes blog this week as well as the colors above that I just knew I had to play along in the challenges. I combined all kinds of things from all different mfgs., which I'm sure will have them all spinning in circles, but gosh, I kinda think that is part of the fun of having all of these supplies! :)

the flower stamp you will recognize from yesterday's post - those beautiful flowers from Shady Tree Studios Backyard Spring set. I watercolored the flowers, again used the white gel pen on the stamens, and added little highlights in the center with a gold glitter pen. The jar comes from PTI, as does the little matching ruffle die. the water was stamped onto vellum cs which adds a neat effect irl. I wrinkled the little ruffle bit before adhering to help it look more like fabric. Papers are from K & Co. Ancestory. com collection, as is that gorgeous leaf border sticker. you will see more from that sticker pack in my upcoming moleskin journal I just know! :) lace ruffle was a leftover scrap I applied to the back of the main image using double sided tape. the sentiment is a SU! rub-on. they truly make the very best rub-ons, in my opinion. and I think it is one of those products of theirs that rarely gets noticed, but is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!

the card is sized to fit in a legal envie. edges were inked with vanilla craft.

have a most amazing day! love ya!
Jennifer

p.s. Nancy at Shady Tree Studios has just posted 2 wonderful FREE digital images that are perfect for 4th of July projects! go check them out!

Paper Cupcakes - photo inspiration
Lily Pad Cards - inspiration - Kathy's Lily Pad Palette
House That Stamps Built - watercoloring
Ruby's Rainbow - flowers
Word Play Weekend - blue
SCS Ways to Use it - no white cs
Daring Cardmakers - something old (vellum - found it in a box.... & vintage button), new (PTI stamps & die), blue (paper, inks, flower)

14 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Beautiful long card Jennifer. I love how you used the lace, just fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Hugs!!

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the colors. The coffee sounds yummy!

Rhonda Miller said...

That's a great card. I love the paper piecing.

Sandy said...

Love all the different techniques and textures on this. Thanks for joining us this week at There's Magic in the Air.

Kary said...

Lovely card!! Gorgeous colours and I love the lace.

Kathy said...

Thanks for joining in and sharing your lovely card with The Daring Cardmakers' "Old, New Borrowed and Blue" challenge this week

Lynda said...

A really pretty card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Oscar said...

This is a beautiful card Jennifer. I love that PTI stamp! Thanks for sharing with The Daring Cardmakers this week! xx

purple_pea_fran said...

Wonderful card. The colours and image are perfect. Thanks joining in the Something Old, Something New challenge at Daring Cardmakers this week.

joy said...

Beautiful water colored flowers. Thanks for participating in the Repeat Impressions Water color challenge.

Nancy K said...

What a lovely card...I love all the pretty vintage details. It's so nice to see that size card too, you filled the space beautifully! Thanks for joining the fun at the Lily Pad!

shaz earl said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining us at RRC this time, hope you will join us again xx

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the lace! Thanks for taking part in RRC xx

Lynette said...

So pretty - fabulous combination of elements. Your watercoloring is great. Thanks so much for playing in the Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge.