Followers

Translate

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Patriotic Snowflake Elvis

Coffee of the Day - Hazelnut Cream

Happy Sunday to all of you! It is a most beautiful day here in northeast Ohio! The sun is shining on the beautiful snow - looks like a picture postcard! I look out my upstairs back window and expect to see a few deer walking along creating their fresh hoofprints in the snow behind our barn. We live right in the village, but have a big 2 level barn/garage behind the house. From there is another half acre of property and wildlife frequently scamper across. It isn't unusual to see deer passing through. Truly a breath-taking sight! one of those little 'thank you, God, I really needed that today' moments!!!!

I'm sharing another of my Elvis Christmas cards today. I love the colors of this one. I had posted it over on the Cornish Heritage Farms gallery and someone commented about the patriotic colors. I hadn't thought about that when I made it, but I like it! I'm proud to be patriotic and I am pretty sure Elvis was, too. I am in LOVE with this vintage lace I found on Etsy. so much so that I went back to the seller and begged her to try to find some more (which she did so very kindly!!) and I bought it all! you'll even find it on my blog header! I'm such a sucker for those vintage laces and buttons! they add so much. plus vintage papers, too! I first painted the paper with butter cream shimmerz before stamping, so this baby SHINES!!!!! the Flair Designs paper is also painted in the shimmerz. I sponged the SU! ribbon with caramel ink to distress it, adding to the overall vintage feel of the card. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, more Elvis! I love old lace patterns too. Of course when I looked at your card, all I saw was Elvis.

Anonymous said...

Your card is very beautiful! Love the Elvis, and the vintage look.

Heather Schlatter said...

The first thing I saw when I saw this was the patriotic colors and then Elvis! I did not even realize it was a Christmas card until I read your post!! Great job Jennifer I love this card!!

Heather

Sara said...

Cool card, love the lace

Unknown said...

My step mother-in-law would LOVE this card!!! She is a BIG fan of Elvis!!!! I too like it but she would probably fall over faint if she received one of these!!