Followers

Translate

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Pup in the Garden......

Coffee of the Day - Creme Brulee

Do you ever have pups in your garden? I do, but anymore I don't mind. :) used to be that I would get so aggrivated at them for dancing and prancing in the flowers, but really, what is life if you can't play in the flowers along the way? so I just try to coax them over to the grass and plant more seeds. You also have to understand that my hubby and his lawnmower do more damage than our 2 dogs could ever think of...... sigh..... but then I stop and remember how much I enjoy the aroma of fresh mowed grass....... life is also a LOT about perspective and the choice we make in how we respond to situations along the way.......... grins!

So I will smile when the dogs chase butterflies like in this adorable digi by Patti Moore of Pholkart Blessings. I am a newbie to her blog and Etsy store, but a quick convert I can tell you! There was a challenge today over at Sweet 'n Sassy on SNR to create a card that showed what was in your garden. I chose this sketch from i heart 2 stamp and went to town. papers are Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety - see even my paper matches the theme! yep, I am pathetic, I know. :) I made my own flower embellie using a bit of a bath scrunchy that is slowly falling apart. why throw it away when it is perfect for the crafty stash?! you know me and my repurposing! I added rub-ons to these wonderful big brads. you should give it a try sometime! lots of fun to do! of course I had to get my PINK on somewhere, so this pup is sportin' a pink collar painted in shimmerz. the butterfly is also painted in several colors of shimerz.

have a great day and remember to dance in YOUR garden today!
Pile it On - cute & cuddly
Crazy 4 Challenges - frogs, snails, puppy dog tails

10 comments:

Patti Moore said...

Jennifer, I LOVE your philosophy of life!... "What is life if you can't play in the flowers along the way?" and "...then I stop and remember how much I enjoy the aroma of fresh mowed grass." Yes, let's be glad when we have pups in the garden of our life! :)

Thank you so much for featuring my digistamp in your ADORABLE card!... I feel so very honored!

Hugs to you, my friend!!
~ Patti

Debbie said...

So super sweet, Jennifer! I {heart} the image, colors and all the embellies you added to your design! Thanks for joining us this week at PIO! I hope you're enjoying the goodies in the prize package you won from my blog :)

Nana said...

This is so sweet. Lovely colours and image. Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
hugs Nana

Sandy said...

How adorable! I love absolutely love your card. Your layout and colors with the cute embellishments just give this card so much fun and cuteness!!!

Arianne said...

Cute card! The puppy is very cuddly!
Thanks for joining us at PIO this week!
Hugs, Arianne

kae pea said...

aww so cute! Nice to see Patti's image used so fabulously!!You make awesome cards :)

Unknown said...

super cute, love the image!!! thanks so much for playing along with PIO.
Trish

Illy said...

Very very cute!!!!! Thank you for playing with us at Pile it on!

Rosanne said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Deanna said...

Very fun!
Dee - LRW