Followers

Translate

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Golfer's Lucky Day

Coffee of the Day - Tiramisu

Hello everyone! Sorry to have been away for so long. still battling the pneumonia. this breathing thing is a real downer. wish it was optional or I could just hire someone to do it for me. then I could get about my fun crafting and not have to deal with the struggle of it anymore. but enough of that blech...

I saw these MOST fun new fellas over at Mo's Digital Pencil called the 'Big Guy' series and knew I needed to start adding them to my Mo stash! oh goodness, they are all wonderful! This one was the first to go into my cart, followed quickly by his friend at the bbq grill. you will see him on a creation soon, I am sure. The challenge for this week is to make a masculine card. It has been FOREVER since I last played in a Mo challenge, so I quickly got to work.

I don't know anything about this paper, I apologize, because it came in the most phenom gift from Rhonda. But I knew it would be the ideal thing for his whacked out golf pants! I remember when Dave was a golf pro and the crazy outfits we would see on the course. So I dug into my memory banks and created something a little bit crazy that is probably more suitable for the Sr. Tour. :) I remembered that Julia S. is always using bits of cardboard on her projects, so thought I would use a piece here, too. I inked it up a bit with some vanilla craft that is also on the edges of the main card. Added a few manly buttons, some neat ric rac, and of course, a golf tee tied with linen thread.

Enjoy your evening!
Paper Sundaes - color challenge
Pile it On - boyish colors
Digi Doodles - anything goes

21 comments:

Cec said...

This card is fabulous. I love the corrugated cardboard and the buttons, which are so masculine. What the heck, there isn't anything I don't like about this card.
Hugs!
Cec

Holly Young said...

Coming to your blog always makes me hungry because of the flavors of coffee you have! I love this guy, and I love what you've done with him! Great card Jennifer! Sending healing wishes your way!

Stef H said...

this is absolutely fabulous!!! i only wish my hubby was daring enough to wear clothes like this! i love it!

i'm praying you get better really soon. i'm so sorry you've been sick for so long!

big hugs :)

Elaine L. said...

This is fabulous! I love the colors, the paper-piecing, and those great embellishments. Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Crystal said...

Great masculine card, I love the layout and how you did his pants! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes :)

HappyCrafter said...

Awesome card, it would be great for my dh or his friends, they are all golf addicts. I hadn't seen Mo's new line, thanks for the heads up! Glad you joined us this week at Paper Sundaes.

CarlaKH said...

What a great card! Love the image and how you pulled i all together! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Andrea M said...

WOW! Love how you've used many different materials on this card (the tee, the corrugated cardboard) - so creative! What a stunning creation :) Thanks so much for joining us at PIO. We appreciate your participation and hope to see you back again!

Marlene said...

Fantastic card, Jennifer! I love those Mo images, too!

stampqueen said...

Cute card - love the way you did his outfit!!! Cracks me up but pretty doggone accurate... :)

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

Judy said...

Hey Jen!!! Love your card doll, and soooooooo happy you joined us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

BIG HUGS
Judy

Monika Reeck said...

Oh this is really fabulous...love your different button and great color for MANLY card....thanks for playing with us at DDSB challenge this week. Hugs, Monika

KymKreates said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am banana's over this one!!! Thanks so very much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck!
KymKreates

Harriet H said...

I love you card .... thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge and look forward to seeing you again next week.

Harriet

Karen Howard said...

This is an awesome card!!! Love the image but better yet the paper piercing!!! Well done masculine card.

Dawn B. said...

FORE... that is all they hear when I golf...LOL. LOVE the outfit.. This is cute. Great job.. Thanks for joining us at Mo's this week.. Come back soon.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A totally fab card Jennifer!! :) Great detailing x
Thanks for joining Mo's challenge this week x

Cynthia said...

Great masculine card, Jennifer! Congrats on the win!

Scrappy said...

Fantastic card! Love your coloring! Thanks for joining us a Pile it On Challenges! We hope to see you again next week!

Ann English said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT! Man, you have been busy creating some terrific cards, lady. Praying you through!