Followers

Translate

Friday, October 9, 2009

Up for a game of Ball?

Coffee of the Day - Almond Roca

Good morning! I sure hope it's a grand day where you are! It's rainy here and cold as well, but I am loving every minute of it! :) yep, it's weird, I know, but that let's me know that snow is just around the corner!

I am trying to get one more package of cards in the mail for the children in the family of Kate, the little 5 year old girl suffering from brain cancer. You can find more info here. This card is for her brother, Will, age 4. I sure hope he likes it! Almost all boys I know have played some type of baseball at one point or another, so hopefully he will enjoy it. Please consider sneding along a card or 2 if you can. They need to arrive by Oct. 15, so you need to be speedy getting them to the p.o.

I used this adorable digi from The Staming Boutique. The card also incorporates the sketch challenge that Stef has given us for the week over on SNR. I tried to keep the card fairly simple considering to whom it is going. The card base is paper by Cosmo Cricket. I love the happy feel of this paper! perfect for baseball! :) A little bit of ribbon, afterall it is for a boy as my guys are always reminding me!, a few buttons, and it is ready to go! I did 'dirty' up his face a wee bit, as my guys never could play baseball without ending up covered in dirt and usually most of the playing field! and every year meant a new pair of cleats with matching socks and baseball pants! oh the fun of those Little League years! :)

check back later for a card featuring the Freebie Friday digi from Sew Many Cards! and leave a comment for a chance at the Blogaversary blog candy! talk to ya soon! :)

3 comments:

TexasGrammy said...

Woooohooooooooooo!!
Great work with this baseball image! Go team!!

It's rainy here today as well. We've had such a drought this year, that it's silly to complain here in Texas. I'm driving a few hours today, so I'm hoping for some 'dry' spots along the way - just until I get there. *grin*

Sweet weekend to you!
~Bev

Judi M said...

What a cute card for a young boy -- he's sure to like it. Nice choice to add those buttons in primary colors.

Stef H said...

oh this makes me wish i had a grandson! this is too cute.

hugs,