Followers

Translate

Friday, October 30, 2009

Cupcake Wishes

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice

Just a simple card to share today. I took part in several of the challenges last week over at the I {heart} Papers Birthday Bash. Lo and behold, one of them up and won! You could have knocked me over with a feather! These weren't my usual style, so I was quite surprised to see my name on the winners list. My prize package arrived yesterday - a box full of yards and yards and yards of May Arts ribbons as well as an October Afternoon paper kit. So perfect for me!! I was feeling kinda yucky all day, so this was quite the picker upper! Even hubby was impressed! :) I guess the point I am trying to make is this - enter challenges and contests, even if you don't feel quite confident in yourself. You just never know!

My card uses some of the new Basic Grey Nook and Pantry papers. This is such a cute line! but then what of their's isn't?! you know what a nut I am for all things BG! I finally inked up a cute little Studio G cuppie I have had sitting around looking oh, so lonely FOR-EV-ER. added some stickles to the icing and flower center to give a bit of shine. The ribbon is from May Arts and is actually gathered along the tails - not sure how much of that shows in the scan. The flocked 'wish' sentiment is by Anna Griffin. colored the rhinestones with a sharpie to match and tossed them on to add a bit more bling. Very simple, which is weird for me! cuppie is popped up on dimensionals.

Have some projects to work on this weekend. Was contacted by Paper Crafts mag to put together a few card sets for them for an upcoming fundraiser they are doing - that was exciting! oh yeah!!! :D also have a huge, wonderful blog hop coming up on Monday, so please stop back by for that. Sunday starts my Guest DT stint with IldiCo, so you will see some really fun stuff with them all month long. So hopefully some neat stuff on the way! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the ribbon on this card- it's so chunky, I love chunky :)

Anj

Carmen O. said...

Oh Jennifer I just love this card! Sometimes less is more and this is one of those times. Beautiful lace, great cuppiecake and fab pp. Wonderful work!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Congrats on the prize package you got--I love anything October Afternoon! Fabulous card, Jennifer!

MiamiKel said...

Look at you! Congratulations on your win and a box full of yumminess! This card is just the sweetest!!!! Great job :)

Stef H said...

what a gorgeous ribbon on such a stunning card! and you're just a busy little bee. good thing you're coffee pot is full - LOL.

hugs,

Anonymous said...

what a yummy card!!! i love it :)

i'm off to make some cupcakes now!

have a happy halloween and a great weekend!

xoxo
sarabeth

Teresa Kline said...

what a beautiful card, lovely bow....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Angie Williams said...

Graet job! Love the cupcakes!