Followers

Translate

Monday, March 23, 2009

It's A Beautiful Day!

no coffee today (woke up too late to start a pot - yep, shocking, I know!)


Hello! Uploading another of my cards that I made over the 'broken compy' hiatus. This one is 9"x3 3/4" and fits perfectly in a legal size envelope. I like making this size every once in a while. The paper is from a gorgeous pack I found at Michael's a few months ago from K & Co. called 'Que Sera Sera'. The stamps are Inkadinkado (sentiment) and Basic Grey Euphoria (medallions). The trim is some I bought at JoAnn's. Have you been over to their trim section? Holy Moley, Batman, I have found some of the most beautiful trims for pretty reasonable (especially with those great 40% off coupons!) over in that section. I hope to show off some in the months to come. Card stocks are from Stampin' Up as always, as are all inks except black. I used the ink squirty tool to spray black over the main card as well as the medallion. What a wonderful tool! So glad I invested in it way back when, as it gets quite a workout! The butterfly punch is Martha Stewart and edged in spica glitter pen. The same glitter pen also outlines many of the bits on the main medallion flower.

Also thought I would update from yesterday's Kool-Aid post. The redness, swelling, itch, etc. is almost all gone. Yipppeeee! I had forgotten to post that I had donated almost all of my hair to Locks for Love several weeks ago. So my hair is now pretty short, but really sassy & fun! I like it a lot! Kind of a pixie cut if you remember those. David was inspired to grow his hair out for Locks for Love, too, but if you know him or look in my profile pic, you may see that it could take him a bit longer to grow his out! :D I think we have decided that he should grow out his beard instead - and then braid it - but then I told him he has to get his ear pierced - and then get a tattoo. Not too sure any of that will really be happening. ;) A bunch of us think it would make a great fundraiser for Camp Burton. who knows..........

Have a great day!
Jennifer

4 comments:

Katy Myhre said...

Very pretty! I love the medallion you used.

Gina Lindsay said...

Very pretty card. i have made a couple of cards that size and it is a fun change once in a while. Glad you are feeling better.

Amy J said...

Kool-Aid, really?! Who knew it would "dye" your face too! How scary! Won't be trying that one! I love the MS punches, wish SU would bring in more like that!

Unknown said...

Like it! Glad to hear that you were able to do some cropping even though you couldn't post.