Followers

Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Retired and Going Golfing

Coffee of the Day - Spiced Caramel Nut

no, not to worry. I am not retired, and more importantly, I am not going golfing. ;)  it has been ages since I was last swinging clubs - since I was pregnant with Tyler actually. yes, it's been THAT long! I used to golf every week with hubster and some friends, but again, that was another lifetime.

David, on the other hand, went just last week. he is truly a wonder to behold on the golf course. there are days that I miss those years of him being a golf pro. he is not only an amazing golfer, but patient and fun to watch. he has such a smooth golf swing and can hit it so very far! yes, I am proud of my hubby! :)

anyhow, my card today is for a very dear friend of ours who retired a month ago. yep, I'm late with my card. I need to make several for him, so you'll be seeing more retirement cards in the coming month. (hopefully! eek!) He and Dave work together in the Church District office.


the golf image is from Crafty Secrets and is part of the 'Golf Time' digital set. I also printed out then fussy cut the individual golf bag from this same set. it is adhered to the inside of the card. sorry I didn't take a photo. retirement sentiment is from Create with TLC. papers are from the Basic Grey Boxer collection, washi tapes & buttons are from my stash, and linen thread is by SU!. golf tee may or may not have come from hubby's golf bag..... la la la la la! card base was sprayed with 2 shades of glimmer mist. hey, gotta do something to help frou frou up these masculine cards!

I will actually be back tomorrow with another card, believe it or not! thank you so much for the kind thoughts and prayers about my health. still having seizures, but so happy to be able to craft these past 2 days.

love ya! :)

Challenges:
Crafty Secrets - monthly linky party
Hiding in My Craft Room - use those scraps (both pieces of BG paper are scraps)
Sister Act - any card goes
The Stamping Boutique - die cut or punch (SU! punch for sentiment)
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
WAW - anything encouraging goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
TTCRD - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Card and Scrap - male cards
Crafts Galore Encore - anything goes

17 comments:

Bad Kitty said...

great card

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wonderful masculine card - I love how you included the golf tee!

DELETED said...

Thanks for sharing, i came across many blogs thrue other bloggers and leave a comment, i follow blogs that shares the same hobby,s as i...love to visit again...blessings

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this card and the golf tee was the perfect addition!!

Tina said...

Very pretty. Happy Mother's Day and hope your health improves very soon.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Coolll!!!
Hugsss, Gaby

ilse said...

lovely card

AndreaNorris said...

Fantastic retirement card for a golf enthusiast, love them to actually added a tee! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week and good luck
Andrea x

Penny said...

Love everything about this card, Jen! It is just fabulous! And the tee is a perfect finishing touch! :^)
Glad you are better!
Hugs, Penny

Amy Cohen said...

Lovely card...I love the buttons and the actual golf tee!! Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
Amy-DT

Tanvi said...

Such a perfect card for a golf enthusiast! Thanks for playing with us at Craft Your Passion#260!

Annalisa G said...

wow, what a great card. I love all the details and embellishments. so good! Thanks for joining us at the stamping boutique challenge blog. -Annalisa (DT)

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Anne Bente said...

wawwww så super flot ♥

10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

knuzzzz ♥

Happymade said...

What a lovely card you have made.
Thanks for joining in the challenge here at Card and Scrap.
Best regards, Anette

Diane said...

Fabulous card for a man and perfect for retirement! Thank you so much for joining our May linky party at Crafty Secrets!!
Diane CS DT

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a wonderful card! The coloring of the stamped image is perfection, and I confess, I squealed a little (with delight!) when I saw the twine wrapped golf tee! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Crafty Secrets May Linky Challenge!
Kathy Clement
DT Leader/Crafty Secrets