Followers

Translate

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day Blessings.... His Soul Goes Marching On

Coffee of the Day - Maple Walnut

Happy Memorial Day to all of my friends here in the good ol' US of A! :) and a big howdy do to everyone else who stops by as well! :)

I come from a family filled with soldiers. some of my cousins are still in the military. so today is one of special significance to me. one of my uncles was killed in combat and many friends have fought in our various wars. I always stop to remember those who have given the greatest sacrifice to our country as well as those who serve.

it doesn't matter what anyone's political views are - there are still people all around the world who are serving in the military in some form or fashion, putting their lives on the line, regardless of politics. and they should be thanked & lifted in prayer. just my opinion of course.


for my card today I used a vintage postcard image by Ellen Clapsaddle. I have quite a collection of vintage postcards myself, but rarely put them directly onto cards or projects. I prefer to print out the images if I can find them in the public domain. This particular postcard was posted yesterday over at Little Birdie Blessings. she shared several that were quite lovely and very appropriate for today.

Papers are a combo of Authentique's Glory and Pride collections. ribbons and trims come from a fabulous May Ribbon Club Assortment I was blessed to win from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I dyed the whites the give them a more shabby feel.

the bark stars and flowers are all from Live and Love Crafts. some of the flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts, but I think the poppies are their own private stock. I also hand dyed 2 of them red to match my papers. buttons are all vintage, ticket is from my stash, and postage stamps are some I saved from mail received. they come in so handy on projects like this! the tag was embossed then lightly inked to accent the stars. I think this is one of my favorite embossing folders!

Hope your week is off to a great start! thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:
Really Reasonable Ribbon - red, white, and blue with ribbon
That Craft Place - shabby chic
613 Avenue Create - anything goes or create your own: 1. image, patterned paper 2. die cut (little arrow in upper left corner is a die cut) 3. dry embossing 4. flowers, buttons 5. square card, twine, ribbon
Hiding in My Craft Room - any holiday (Memorial Day)
Creative Corner - anything goes
Robyn's Fetish - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
Party Time Tues - anything goes
Incy Wincy - all or nothing (I went for ALL!)
The Crazy Challenge - use ribbon or lace

22 comments:

DELETED said...

Hi friend happy Memorial day! i can imagine the meaning of such a day...soldiers sacrifice to your country...

I got those family in prayers...
i wanted to ask you something?

could you tell me what kind of letter you use to post? ARIAL OR VERDANA? I cant find it..

thanks if you help me
blessings from holland

Fikreta said...

gorgeous

*Vicki* said...

Amazing my friend!! I love this entire design from your patriotic image and your added details with the postage stamps and star tag!! Love the Vintage feel to this and the feeling is evokes in us Americans!! :) BIG HUGS

Dawn said...

Another brilliant Patriotic card! I love your postcard & all the other details you've added to this stunning project!
Hugs
Dawn xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO awesome, Jen. I love all the wonderful elements you've combined, and always SO enjoy your sweet crafting style. Thanks for sharing with us.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Tracy said...

No one could look at this and not feel patriotic. Awesome work my friend. Hugs!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer, love the layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Leah said...

WOW! Such an inspiring and touching card! Thanks for joining the challenge @ HIMCR!

Michelle said...

WOW....just beautiful!!!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week!

Michelle H :)

Tracy Welham said...

Fabulous creation, great attention to detail. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Juliz Design Post said...

A super tribute card that has been so well thought out. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and good luck.
Julie x

Teresa said...

I love using vintage images too and your card came out really nice!! I love all the textures that you have in it and of course the ribbons. Thank you for sharing it with us on the RRR Challenge for this month ...

Anonymous said...

Amazing card! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays! :)

Penny said...

Wonderfully detailed tribute! Really love all the elements you put together! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful Memorial card. thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

Theng Creation said...

Beautiful card <3 Thank you for joining us in CCC.
Hugs from Therese, Creative Corner DT

Bonnie Garby said...

This is a wonderful work of art Jennifer! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.I am now your newest follower and would love it if you visited my Make Time To Craft Blog and became a follower too.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Jennifer, this card is just loaded with vintage goodness! I love all the layers and wonderful texture! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Karen said...

Simply stunning!! I adore this. Everything about it is special.

Thank you so much for joining us at That Craft Place and good luck!
Hugs,
Karen. DT.xx

Sabina said...

Wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.
Sabina (DT)