Followers

Translate

Thursday, June 16, 2016

It's Your Birthday, Butterfly! :)

Coffee of the Day - Spiced Cinnamon

Today is my sister-in-law's birthday and I'm sharing with all of YOU the card I made for her. :) I don't know about y'all, but I have been absolutely terrible about actually sending the cards I make, so finally resolved to get better this year. hopefully this one reached her by today! :) we so rarely get to see any of our family members since they all live so far away.


I'm using this beautiful 'Silhouette - Butterfly Flowers' image from Bugaboo. it's also Throwback Thursday over on the Bugaboo challenge and inspiration blog if you'd like to pop over to see what some of the other team members have created using some of the older images from the store. it's nice to see new life given to the older images. :)


I printed the image onto watercolor paper, cut it using a Spellbinders circle die, and went to town with my SU! ink refills and brushes. once I finished, I sprayed the entire piece with pearl glimmer mist for a lovely sparkle. matting die is also by Spellbinders.

wooden veneer butterfly is one I found at Michaels. it was inked and then lightly painted with acrylic paint. once that dried, I added touches of distress stickles. flourish die is by Tim Holtz. flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, birthday sentiment stamp is by a company that is retired, and buttons are from my vintage stash. mineral ice diamond satin ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

thank you so much for stopping by! hope to see you again tomorrow! :)

Challenges:
Broken Fairy - anything goes w/celebration twist
Crafting with Dragonflies - dragonflies or butterflies
Morgan's World - Happy Birthday
Hanna and Friends - butterflies
Paradise of Stamps - butterflies
Paper Shelter - ribbons and buttons
WAW - anything encouraging goes
Cute Card Thurs - little bugs/butterflies

6 comments:

Cards Created by Mo said...

What a beautiful creation!
Love the butterfly! And beautiful image.

Thanks for entering the Papershelter challenge.

Hugz xxx Monique Dt. TPS

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Jarka Ef said...

nice card. thank you for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Jarka :-)

Wynn said...

I love all the yummy embellishments you've used. The butterfly is awesome. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

TRACEY MO said...

very cute lovely layout a fab card.

Thanks for joining us at Broken Fairy
Tracey DT

Unknown said...

A Gorgeous Card, I love how you have coloured the Silhouette. Thank you for joining us over at Morgan's ArtWorld for our 'Happy Birthday' theme.
Hugz, Samantha (AngelicBadGirl) DT xxx