Followers

Translate

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Friends Make Life Bloom, but CAS stinks! ;)

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Vanilla Nut


Okay, the title of this blog post should tell you that something is up.....and something that I just flat out don't do well..... yep, CAS. it's the new challenge over at Scribbles Designs. so please be kind to my poor little card and don't mock it too terribly. just giggle quietly to yourself then go FAST to the challenge blog so you can see what professional crafters do with the CAS theme. there you will be amazed and wowed and moved to tears by beauty.


My card uses the image, 'Sunflowers 1'. I think the frame around them is so neat. we actually have a few sunflowers in our herb garden right now. they are so majestic!  I swiped several shades of Tim Holtz distress stains across my cs after printing the image. edges were distressed and then distress stickles were added to the flower centers & petals to help them stand out a bit. sentiment is from Create with TLC and papers are from the Basic Grey Shine On collection. a few little dots with my white gel pen and some linen thread complete the card. might not be 'standard' CAS, but it sure is for me!

I also want to announce the winner of the 'BBQ Time' stamp set by Inky Antics. EDWINA BROWN, please send me an email (jenscull at yahoo dot com) with your mailing information. I will forward it to Jackie so she can get your stamp set mailed out to you! congratulations! thank you to everyone who played along! we'll have another blog candy this weekend! :)

Challenges:
All That Stickles - any stickles
Ladybug Crafts - something floral
Lady Anne's - anything goes
Whimsy Inspiration - CAS ( this really IS CAS for me....)
WAW - anything goes
Can You Digi It - lift someone up/encouragement
Crafty Sentiments - dies and punches
Creative Card Crew - banners or pennants
Flourishes - autumn colors
TTCRD - anything goes
Eureka - blooms and blossoms
Pink Elephant - orange
Stamp Sun - anything goes

22 comments:

bymissrach said...

I love your card!!! :)the distress stains are an awesome look!

Dorte said...

You are to hard to yourself Jen, I love your CAS card,
hugs Dorte

Cely said...

wonderful card, my friend! love the washes of color in the background!

Sharla said...

Beautiful colors on your card! CAS isn't so simple sometimes as I struggle with all that white space! ;)

Penny said...

This is so pretty, Jen! I love how you colored your image--so artistic! Love the simple design & die cuts, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny
(I have a terrible time with CAS, but sometimes I am driven to it by time constraints, lol!)

Unknown said...

How beautiful!!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Edwina said...

Jennifer, Your card is so pretty. I love the colors and the image you used. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Unknown said...

Hey Jen! Love the card and that image is one of my fave! I think you have done a fab job!

Hugs
Sam

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, Jen, this is lovely. I love those colors and the image you used.

Angeline Choo said...

Pretty card Jennifer :)

Thanks for joining us at All That Stickles

-Angeline DT

Anonymous said...

Das ist eine ganz zauberhafte Karte geworden
Danke das Du bei der Stempelsonne mit machst
GLG Tamesis

paper fun said...

I don't think your CAS card stinks at all. It is very lovely with all the colors.

Thanks for joining our banner challenge at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Caz said...

This is goreous...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

Caz xx

Laura Love said...

This is a neat card! I love those pretty swooshes of color! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

~amy~ said...

This is fabulous...love the swipes of color!

Guild Master Crystal said...

I always find CAS cards hard too...but I think you did a great job with your CAS card!

Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
~Crystal (DT)

Tanya said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

Unknown said...

Great card love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew on our Banner challenge Hugs Txx (DT)

Saints Rule! said...

SO pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Jenny Gropp said...

LOL! CAS is not my favorite either!!! You did good though!!! Lovely design! Thanks for playing along with the Flourishes Autumn Color Challenge!

TRACEY MO said...

Great project fab stamping !
Thanks for joining us at stamp anything lady anne
Tracey DT

PaperDaisies said...

What a beautiful card. Love how you have designed the layout. Great entry for our challenge over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina