Followers

Translate

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Mick goes to vote....

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice

Happy Sunday and happy November! It is cold and wet here, but my bird and squirrel friends still keep popping by to keep my company. in fact when I was letting the dogs out this morning, the most beautiful cardinals came to sit on the big bushes right beside our back porch steps. It was so neat to see them fly to within just a few feet of me to perch while I was outside. They don't usually come in quite so close.

Our local trick or treating had been moved from Wednesday to last night. David went over to our friend's house and helped with the Hot Dog House. even though it was so cold and rainy, they gave away more hot dogs and hot cocoa than ever before in the more than 10 years we've been doing it! how exciting! I stayed at home bundled up catching up on Season 1 of Grimm, one of our fave new shows on tv. not as much fun, but the dogs and I were quite content! ;)



I want to share this wonderful photo with all of you of our son, Mick. Friday all of us received a text from him saying that he was sitting on a bus with Jack Black who was taking a handfull of students from Kent State to vote early. how freakin' cool is THAT?!?!?! Jack Black brought his band to encourage early voting. it ended up that only about 50 people were allowed on the bus, and Mick was one of the lucky ones to go! Jack and the band played music the entire time to and from the voting station. Mick said he is such a nice guy and really feels strongly about young people having their say in the election. I was thrilled Mick was able to cast his vote, and in such a fun way, too.

Tyler will be driving home on Tuesday after classes so he can take part in the election. This will be Ryan's first time to vote, and you can bet I'll be there no matter how icky I feel. No matter who you vote for, the important thing is to get out there and do it.

although I don't get political on my blog, here are a few of my favorite candidates:



Feel free to write in either of these on your ballot Tuesday! ;)
if only Monty Python wasn't British......

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome post about your son and Jack! That's super fun!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Lmao over here girl ! So pleased to hear that your sense of humour is still intact angel :)
Lucky Mick what a great picture and a great way to inspire young adults to have their say.
Sending you lots of love & ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Penny said...

Love your candidates, Jennifer! Too bad we can't elect them--LOL! I voted already--we have early ballots here in AZ if we wish & I like the ease of it! So glad your family gets out & votes! And how cool is that photo? Your lucky son! :^)
Sending lots more hugs, Penny

Elizabeth Hart said...

Jennifer - just stopping by to say hi and I that I love your sense of humor and zest for life.

Lisa Minckler said...

Hahahahahaha, Monty Python..I love it! Jennifer how cool is that your son got to ride on the bus with Jack Black.....SO COOL!!!
I voted several weeks ago, so I'm good, but I love your encouraging post because it's very important! Tim Holtz for President....LOL...rock on! Free Distress ink and die cut to the first 300 voters!! WOOHOO!!

Joan B said...

what a great story. love jack black! I voted last week so I'm feeling good about that. Thinking of you. hugs

Craftymumz Creations said...

Jenn... being honest ... I don't always make it around to all the blogs but I do try to get here as often as possible. I wanted you to know that I continue to pray for you and yours as well as think about you frequently. I had a computer crash and literally bite the dust a while back so I am pretty certain I have lost your address... If you could please resend it to me privately of course, I would really appreciate it. I have a few cards here... NON WINDOW type mail is a great pick me up!!! HUGS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU!

Jenn Borjeson said...

ROFL That was awesome. Tim Holtz would make an excellent president! :)