Followers

Translate

Monday, December 19, 2011

It's a Color Challenge with Digi Makeover

Coffee of the Day - Eggnog

Happy Monday to you! so do you have snow on the ground where you are? we have a few inches, but nothing like we normally have. here's hoping we get LOTS more by this weekend for a nice White Christmas! :) btw - that is one of my fave holiday movies. hubby just picked it up for me from the library, so I can't wait to watch it while wrapping gifts.


Today starts a new challenge over at Digi Makeover Challenges. We are asking everyone to follow this color palette. you will have to excuse the shades in my scanned tag - the greys turned more tan, but really are grey irl.

I need to explain a bit about my project - we love movies, which many of you know. Another holiday favorite of ours is "Elf." In fact David has used it in several sermons he has given for some wonderful references. It is such a phenom movie, filled with such humor, but also so many amazing life lessons. The senti on my tag today comes straight from the movie. Dave and I found a t-shirt for Ryan that has this right across the front. There was no question about whether or not to get it - it was a 'must have' for under the tree. :) So of course the package is going to need a gift tag! Paper Makeup Stamps to the rescue!!!


I first printed out the nutcracker image and saying on my cs. I then printed the image again on scrap paper. this created my mask image, which is roughly cut out. Once I cut my tag shape, I placed the mask over the nutcracker image and stamped with the A*Muse music bg stamp. (gosh, I so love this stamp!!!) while the mask was in place, I sprayed the tag with candy apple glimmer mist. I would normally paint the image with my SU! inks, but at this point it seemed pretty perfect just as it was. trims, a vintage button, seam tape, and a holly embellie that has also been sprayed with glimmer mist were the final touches. David just laughs every time he looks at this tag! He can't wait for Christmas morning and Ryan to see his gift.

Chocolate, Coffee, and Cards - tag, you're it
Sparkles - anything but a Christmas card

8 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous tag. Lots of great details. Have a Merry Christmas.

Beate said...

Hilarious sentiment, darling tag.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New year!

♥Gemma♥ said...

Stunning Tag hunni & love the image you have used...
Thanks for playing along at CCCC & good luck :D
hugs and xxxx
Gemma

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful tag and I love the masking that you have done for the background. White Christmas has always been one of our favorite holiday movies too. My hubby and I just watched it this past weekend!
Have a great week!
Hugs

Torrey said...

Oh Jennifer...your tag should come with a "spew alert" (in case one is drinking a Dr Pepper when they see it for the first time). My poor monitor! This is too funny! Thank you for playing with us at CCCC!

Torrey
http://left-field-studio.blogspot.com/

shaz earl said...

Fabulous tag!

Thank you for joining us at Sparkles for our "Anything but a Christmas card" Challenge

Hope you will join us again soon, good luck in the draw

Shaz x

Melissa Czapor said...

Cute tag! Our family loves Elf too!! Have a very blessed Christmas!!!

Tracey said...

I love your tag - anything Elf related is a winner in my books! Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Forum for our "Anything but a Christmas card challenge". Good luck.
Tracey
x