Followers

Translate

Monday, July 25, 2011

Stitching with Kaboodle Doodles, and oh how you know I can't sew!!

Coffee of the Day - Cinnamon Spice

For my Happileigh Scrappin' post, please click here.

Hello! I know it seems like it's been a while since I last posted, but I promise behind the scenese I have been crafting up a storm for upcoming posts! ;) Lots of fun things coming for (hopefully) your viewing pleasure.

The challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week is stitching. well y'all know I can't sew to save my life, so faux we go! even that leaves a lot to be desired, but I gave it the ol' college try just the same..... Our sponsor is The Crafty Pad who will provide the winner with 2 images from the store.






I used papers from the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety collection, which were perfect to accompany this cute strawberry trio. the little seeds were highlighted with my white gel pen, which was also used for all of the faux stitching. buttons, a Prima centered with stickles, and a big splashy red ribbon finish off this simple little card.

Do come play along in the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week! You are sure to have a great time! :)

Craft Your Days Away - summertime (we pick strawberries in the summer....)
Fussy and Fancy - summer
Charisma Cardz - sunshine colors
KB Cute Monday - food & beverages
ECP - summer
Paper Playtime - digi & summer
Stamps & Fun=Creativity - no sentiment
Scrapalicious - summer

16 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful! I really like the image with the added buttons, they are perfectly placed! really beautiful Jenn!
enjoy your day!
hugs

Stef H said...

looks like today is RED monday! these are fabulous. love the boots and star and ribbon. very "western-ish".

as soon as i hit the lottery we'll be off on that tropical vacation!

hugs :)

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful berry card! I like that white gel pen faux stitching touch. . . this challenge at Kaboodles was my 1st dip or foray into stitching . . . would you believe but i started liking and enjoying it. Time consuming but love the resulting texture of it. =)

Hugs,
Kath
fellow Kaboodle DT

BrossArtAddiction said...

Beautiful card! Great job matching the strawberry DP with the image!

Thanks for playing with us at "Paper Playtime" for our summer challenge and good luck! :D

Hugz,
xx Tracey xx

Kreativmonster said...

I love strwaberries, so I simply have to love your card! Thanks for sharing it with us at stamps&fun=CREATIVITY1

Sazzle said...

Thanks for sharing your card with us over at Fussy & Fancy for our summer challenge this week.

xx Happy crafting & glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jennifer, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and beautiful sunshine colours. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Miss Sue said...

Love the red ribbon. It really makes the card! Great job!

paper fun said...

So sweet and fresh. I love your strawberries.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

Nadell said...

BEautiful card - I love strawberrys *ggg* Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs Nadell

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

I love this card, great ribbon and your faux stitching rocks - I can't sew either:) Love your work on the image as well. Hugs my friend:)

jessica said...

Such an adorable card! I love the strawberries and all the stitching!
TFS and playing along with us over at Paper Playtime :)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

A gorgeous card! Love those colors you used. The paper is awesome!! And the image is so cute. …..
So happy that you have joined us at SFC……
Hugs
Bella

Zulma said...

Beautiful card! TFS with us at paper Playtime.
Zulma DT

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Love the big, red bow! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oh Jen what a fabulous summer card - I can almost smell those strawberries and I adore the little buttons you added - perfect x
Thanks so much for playing along with us at easy craft projects - good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo