Followers

Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hold onto your seats, there's a buncha cards in this post......

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice, of course! ;)

I have been busy trying to play in as many of the Hope You Can Cling To challenges over at SCS, so hang on while I show you several of my latest creations. All images can be found at Squigglefly.

First card up is one made for the Four by Four challenge - Four embellies, 4" square, 4 layers. Balloon Fun image is by Cheryl Alger. Papers are Basic Grey Cupcake. the balloon was painted with sparkle spritz shimmer spray as I have mentioned in posts earlier this week. It is a simple card because I made 2 - one is going to a little boy who has spina bifida. a fellow DT member of mine from Baby Bud Designs is doing a card drive on her blog. For more info, please visit Giovana and see if you can contribute a card. I know it would mean so much to these children! :)

Next card is a paper pieced birthday card. I used a new image from Teresa Ward called Flamenco Dancer. The papers are Jenni Bowlin Grandma's Apron. I used both the mini and standard 12x12 size on the card. The dancer's blouse and scarf were painted with the sparkle spritz shimmer spray. the rose was sprayed with the same. gorgeous trim comes from Etsy, little tag was tea stained, and prima leaves were sprayed with graphite glimmer mist. vintage button is from my stash.

and lastly I have a shaped card with another image by Cheryl Alger. this is also for the challenge going on over at her blog. I love this cute little Prim Annie! Cosmo Cricket paper was applied to a chipboard star and then distressed. the card base is SU! red riding hood, but doesn't show in the scan. the prima rose was sprayed with walnut gold glimmer mist. the bow, star, and blouse on main image were painted with shimmerz. I punched mini stars for more patriotic fun! a little snippet of crochet trim, button, and finally the twine line with clothespins were added. This was a treat to work on! I haven't done prim in a while, so need to get back to it more often.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

11 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Love, love, love this Funky Prim Annie 'star'. I love them all, actually, but this one is my favorite, Jennifer! I'm so glad that you joined in the challenge this week!

Giovana said...

Your cards are all really pretty Jennifer!! Thanks so much for your support with the Card Drive.
God bless.
Giovana

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love the star card. I like the antique feel to it. Fun card.

Cynthia said...

I love how you've added the balloon to the first card! Very creative. I also like the country feel of "Prim Annie" and the star.

Jeni said...

This is adorable Jennifer! The antique/country feel is always great for anything with a star. Love it ~jeni :)

jkreucher said...

Oh, you gotta love the Cheryl Annies! This little gal is perfect for the antique, primitive design! love it!
thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
Judy

Holly Young said...

These are all wonderful Jenn! I love the balloon you used for the embellishment on the top card, and that Prim Annie project looks so vintage! I love the little clothes pins! Your flamenco card is so pretty! You had the perfect papers for that, and that trim is gorgeous!

Ann English said...

Jennifer-fabulous cards-all of them! I love the bears and Annie-cute as a button! Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryls challenge.

The Wired Angel said...

Great projects, jennifer! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.

Shirley said...

Jennifer, all of these cards are spectacular. I'd hate to have to pick a favorite, but you know I'm partial to Sassy Cheryl images.

ThePurplePlace said...

Totally adorable!

Love Love, the wonderful 'Star' projects! Adorable image and lots of fun details...very cool!

Fantastic projects and lots of wonderful creations!

Happy Crafting,
Lis