Followers

Translate

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Que Sera Sera, What will be, will be..... Come on sing it with me!

Coffee of the Day - French Vanilla ( you gotta say it with the accent!!)

oh it is such a beautiful day here! the sun is shining, the birds are a'tweeting, the crocus in my front yard are poppin' up their little purple heads and saying 'hello'! I have opened all the windows and am letting the house breathe again. All this and know that 2 days ago we still had snow on the ground. So you see my excitement? I do love winter and the snow that falls, but spring is such a wonderful time of re-birth, freshness, and things new! (okay, maybe I've had a little TOO much fresh air!! giggles!)

anyhow, I want to share with you this card that I made yesterday. I was in the need of some 'stamp for me' time. Ya know what I mean? the kind of card you can create without any design requirements or challenges to meet - just whatever I want it to be, it will be. So yep, you guessed it, it's shabby.VERY VERY shabby. and I love every stinkin' inch of it. oh you should see the glimmer irl. gorgeous!!!!!

I pulled out my latest go-to fave set Bloomin' Beautiful by Stampin' Up! Paired it with more of the K & Co. paper, Que Sera Sera, and went to town. The base cs is actually kiwi kiss, but it has been sponged with craft white, stamped with the blossom definition stamp from the set in river rock, washed in gold, and then the whole card was sprayed in 2 layers of pearl glimmer mist. I had also sprayed the main flower image in a fine coating of the same glimmer mist, but guess what? glimmer mist is a water based product and all the regular inks started to bleed all over the paper. So that is when I decided I was gonna go for one of my all-time fave techniques again, cracked glass. It really does cover a multitude of sins when it comes to stamping 'whoops' moments! ask me how I know......... anyhow, I also overstamped the entire flower with the Linen bg in river rock. I am amazed at how well that goes with the kiwi. Added some more of my coolie-o JoAnn's trim finds (this time velvet, scrunchy ric rac that is to die for!!!) and a vintage button. So for the most part this is a SU! card. pretty amazing, huh?!

so sing along with me friends, Que sera sera, what will be will be..... The future's not ours to see....... Que sera sera!

Love ya!
Jennifer

5 comments:

Dru said...

This is so pretty Jennifer - isn't it nice to create just to create?? Love this card. Have a great day.

Carmen said...

Que seraaaa seraaaa whatever will beee will beeeee
Great card. You know I don't have any glimmer mist. I always contemplate it but can't get myself to spend that much money :)

Unknown said...

What a pretty card. It is so much fun to create just for pure pleasure's sake.
Your comment on Paula's blog was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Sara said...

oh jennifer this is gorgeous, love it

Gina Lindsay said...

Ok, now I am humming that song! Very pretty card. Glad you were able to get in some stamping for you time.