Followers

Translate

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Anniversary Bears on a Walk

 Coffee/Tea of the Day - Toffee Nut Latte (Starbucks treat from hubby today!)

Hello! I hope all of you are doing well! 
I want to say thank you for the very kind comments and messages regarding my health and DIL. y'all are just the best! :) I have heard that many of you are dealing with health struggles in your families as well. know that I keep you in my prayers.

Today I am sharing an anniversary card I created for Ryan and Elizabeth. I once again used the fun Lily of the Valley simply prints available on Etsy. these cute bears are called Rosy and Cosy.  I cut out the bears twice and added some foam tape for extra dimension. the papers and flowers are from the new Carta Bella Flora collection. sentiment stamp is by SU! luscious purple silk ribbon and vintage buttons complete the card. simple, because I wanted to mail it with first class postage, so taking care to not add too many layers.


I am a huge fan of our postal service here in the States. they work so hard through all types of weather. I never have a problem when stamp prices increase, because these people deserve every penny. but hubby and I were taken aback when we mailed our grand-daughter's birthday card. I typically mail my cards in padded envelopes to give some extra protection to the layers and elements. it cost more than $5 to mail her card, even though it weighed less that 2 ounces. whoa nelly! that is almost double the price I used to pay. so I am trying to be cautious about what I send using the padded envelopes, not so much to avoid the postal service, but trying to be good stewards of our money. so from here on out I will save the fancy cards to go in larger packages that include other fun goodies. :) moms and grandmoms gotta spoil! :D

for the next few weeks, I will be sharing process photos of making the latest baby journal. Danielle has a baby shower at her parents' home several hours away over Mother's Day weekend. I would really like to be able to attend, so am working hard to get the journal finished by then. also hoping I feel well enough to go....

May you have an absolutely joyous weekend surrounded by the people who love you! :)
Jennifer

1 comment: