Followers

Translate

Friday, October 30, 2020

Have You Learned Nothing? Christmas Cat Card

 Coffee/Tea of the Day - Creamy Chestnuts coffee

Hello and Happy Friday to each of you! :)

I want to begin by saying a very heartfelt thank you to those of you who have reached out to me with emails, messages, cards, and letters. You bring me such joy and make my heart so happy! Thank you so much!

I am grateful every morning that I wake up, surrounded by so much love from my family and our sweet furbabies. I am overwhelmed by the blessings in my life, even in the midst of strife and serious health issues. God is so very, very good, each and every day. :)


Janis, the person behind the ever fun Cat Lover's Blog Hop, reached out to me to see how I was doing. She is such a sweetheart! I knew I wanted to try to make a project to play along, but wasn't sure how well I would be feeling. Please be understanding that this card took me almost all day to create. Fussy cutting is not my friend any longer. ugh. my brain can't wrap around how to work scissors, and then my shaky hands don't want to cooperate. I must say that it was nice to pick up my paintbrushes again. 


I patterned the shading of the cats off of the two sweeties in Tyler and Danielle's home - Rowan and Stella. A makeup brush was used to apply ink to the cat's fur while I watercolored the other elements. a glitter gel pen and white gel pen were used for accents. The cutie stamps are from the Tim Holtz and Simon Says Stamp collaboration in September.  The saying, "Have you learned nothing from last year's tree?" reminds me of what we go through every year with our cats. :D 


Rowan on the left and 
Stella on the right

The Christmas tree is a vintage image I found online. I made it extra big before printing so that it would look like the cats were sitting at the tree base. a doily and plaid paper represent the tree skirt. Some coffee dyed paper is the bg.

Thank you so very much for stopping by! if you have a moment, grab a cuppa and visit all of those who are participating in the blog hop. Lots of inspiration and fabulous sponsors. :)

love to all of you,

Jennifer

Challenges:

  1.  SUYP - Halloween or anything goes
  2.  Aud Sentiments - anything goes w/a sentiment
  3.  Crimbo Crackers - anything Christmas (waving hi, Ruth!!!)
  4.  Merry Little Christmas Ch - anything Christmas

27 comments:

Suzanne H said...

I'm new to your blog and have hopped over from the Cat Lovers Hop. Your card is so sweet and I'm so glad you could enter. Please take care.

mandysea said...

Keep getting well!, and look at your stunning little kitties asleep! Your card is just beautiful and you've done well - fussy cutting and all! They are just gorgeous little images and shaded so well! This is a lovely card Happy hopping with Cat Lovers!

Vivian Foo said...

Your card made me smile.

valscraftings said...

Fabulous card, love those kitties faces!

Popped over from The Cat Lovers Hop

And

Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

NanaConnie said...

Jennifer, I think this is incredible! What as great amount of work you did, my friend, and that's wonderful. I have you in my prayers. :-D

Dina said...

Love this! It's so true! You would think they would learn! Haha! This card is full of whimsy!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is a beauty and I love the fun sentiment. I also love the dimension the buttons give your fun scene. Prayers sent your way, Jennifer. Hope to see a make from you at the coffee hop! ;-)

Cindy Holmes said...

I think you did an absolutely lovely job creating this amazing card! You are truly a very talented artist!

Beverly S. said...

First, I love the sweet photo of your cats (thanks for sharing). Second, I love your CUTE card....how creative you are.

Leslie said...

Visiting from the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop... your cat project is awesome!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful kitty card design. Wonderful design.

Ashley Cortez said...

What a really neat card so cute how the lights are wrapped around the cat in your card,this is my first time doing this Cat Lover's Blog Hop and I really love seeing all of these cards on here that is giving me inspiration to do my own cards

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute card and cat. I love your design.

Jane Willis said...

That made me laugh out loud! Your own kitties look so peaceful sleeping on the sofa, but I wonder what they are plotting?

Fikreta said...

Hi my friend
so happy to see you in Cat lovers blog hop.
Love your card!
its gorgeous!
Oh your cats are so cute!
take care,lots of hugs ❤

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh what a great card and your kitties look so cosy on the couch, Stay Safe, Happy Crafting, Hazel (Didos) x

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

FURRtastic kitty cat make and furbabies!
Happy Creating & Stay Safe!
Leigh
www.LeighSBDesigns.com
www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

I'm back with a DT hat on this time, still loving this card! I have to say that you've done a fabulous job fussy cutting all those images! Those cats are hilarious! Thanks so much for sharing with us in our challenge over at Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog this month! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Catnip and kitty whiskers said...

A beautiful card! Love the water coloring and your design! The two pictured kitties are gorgeous too!

SHartl said...

This beautiful card made me laugh with that sentiment. From the expression on the kitty faces, they plan to make mischief with this years tree too.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Jennifer! I am so happy to see you in the hop! I have thought of you often and hope you're doing okay. I pray for a complete recovery. Miracles do happen, and I so believe in prayer. You made a beautiful kitty card! You coloured them like your son's cats purr-fectly. Your card is gorgeous! Will continue to pray for your return to health.

Roberta Stevenson said...

You're little babes look so peaceful! Love your card and hope you are feeling better soon.

Carole J said...

This kitty looks like he's up to no good beneath your Christmas tree! Super card,, Jennifer. x

Sue D said...

Pretty tree and fun scene with the cats.

Renee B. said...

I am so happy to see this post from you Jennifer! I have been visiting your blog nearly every day for the last month hoping to see one of your lovely creations! This kitty cat card is wonderful....I hope to get over to see some of the other creations. I need some cheering up as I lost a dear friend to cancer on Saturday. Thinking of you & sending healing thoughts your way.
Hugs, Renee

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a fun card. I love the Christmas tree in the background.

Janis said...

Hi, Jennifer....

I am very slow getting around to each project, but I like to give each one my full attention. Thank you for your kind words, friend. I am so glad you were able to make a card. I know it was a labor of love. It encourages our hearts to see you and your creations. Sending you hugs and keeping you in prayer!

Your card is so much fun. That cat all tangled up in the lights and that great sentiment just make me laugh! LOVE the look the other cat is giving him. Your coloring on the kitties is fabulous. I love the picture of Rowan and Stella....they are gorgeous and definitely resting up for a very busy holiday season!!! Ha.

Thank you so much for joining in the purry, furry fun at the #2020CatLoversHop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com