Followers

Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Rehearsal Dinner Invitation

Coffee/Tea of the Day - Bossa Nova tea (a vanilla and hazelnut blend - perfect for fall)

Hello! so happy to see all of you today! :)


I am actually feeling pretty good, the sun is shining, a new Doctor arrives on Sunday (for all of you Whovians out there!!!), and I am heading right to my craft room just as soon as I finish typing up this post. yep, life is good indeed. :)

I wanted to share with everyone the invitation I made for Tyler and Danielle's rehearsal dinner. we had such a wonderful time! our brother-in-law, Wilson, cooked the meats on the grill for us while the rehearsal was going on. Ryan's fiancee, Elizabeth, and I were busy in the kitchen getting everything ready as the key players took part in the rehearsal. goodness gracious, I could NOT have gotten everything done without that young lady's help. she was such a saving grace to me that weekend!!!! we are blessed to have her joining our family, without a doubt!!!!

since I had been out of commission for so long with my seizures, I was trying to make things as easy as possible before hand, so did order a few items from local vendors. we have a fabulous apple orchard nearby that makes the most wonderful pies. I ordered a variety from them for dessert and then made some chocolate chip cookies to go along with them. a dear friend of ours has a homemade ice cream business, so they provided an assortment of flavors to go with our desserts. Tyler and I picked up about 6 varieties of breads from Great Harvest Bread Company earlier in the day. oh yum, is about all that needs to be said to that! :) Smoked Chipotle Baked Beans, a French Style Potato Salad, Marinated Fresh Tomato and Mushroom Salad, and Kettle chips finished out the meal. simple, but so very tasty and filling for an evening surrounded by the people who love you!


my invitation was made with papers from the Carta Bella Flora no. 2 collection. pretty ribbons are tied for accent, but kept simple to ease mailing. plenty of distressing to add that shabby touch I love so much. they were a large 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" size.

all of the tables were decorated in navy gingham. paper products were the same. David made these amazing wooden tool box type centerpieces that we filled with mason jars. they held cutlery and napkins. even the dogs were wearing navy gingham bandannas! they looked so cute! :) Tyler bought a navy gingham shirt to wear that night, too, to keep in the spirit!

thanks for stopping by! I'll be back on Saturday for World Card Making Day with a project, hopefully!, and my blog candy! see you then. :)
Jennifer

2 comments:

Fikreta said...

Im so happy you are feeling good!
I think is it's very nice!
hugs

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you are feeling well!! What a gorgeous invitation!! I love the background papers and the beautiful image!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts