Followers

Translate

Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Skull Wreath for Halloween

This is my second post for today. :)


I want to thank both Avril and Teri over at Delicious Doodles for having me as their Guest Designer this month! I was blessed to be a previous challenge winner from their fun blog, so they invited me to be a guest with them for October. isn't that fun?!

the theme for the month is Halloween, and while we don't typically celebrate this holiday, I couldn't let the opportunity go by to create a skull wreath card. doesn't everyone need a skull wreath as a decoration?! grins! maybe it's just those of us who happen to have a similar last name!


I started with the Skully Christmas Wreath image, printed it multiple times, popped up a few skulls on foam tape for more dimension, and then added it to my little mausoleum crypt. this was created with a Spellbinders die that I added embossin paste to a  Crafter's Workshop stencil.I inked the paste after it dried and then used my ink squirty tool.  another Spellbinders die adds the laurel at the top.

the grasses are a My Favorite Things die. pretty border die at the top is from Whimsy Stamps and sentiment comes from Create with TLC. orange satin ribbon is from SU! while orange twine is a Michael's find. paper is from Echo Park.


and while we're on the subject of skulls, since this is our last name, my sons decided that it was time we all got a family tattoo. so each one of us is getting a skull tattoo, unique to the individual. I had mine done last week. I also had a Winnie the Pooh one done on my arm to represent me with my sons. yes, I am the enigma - a skull and Winnie the Pooh all at the same time! :) but I love them both dearly!


Tyler had his tattoo done at the same time I had mine done. Mick had his done yesterday. I think it's neat that they all want to do something that unifies us as a family! :)

well, that's it for me.... all of you have a most amazing weekend! and I hope you get a chance to play along in the Delicious Doodles challenge this month. :)

Challenges:
Choux Choux Paper Art - Halloween linky party
Anything Goes with TLC - anything goes with a TLC image/sentiment

5 comments:

Sammy said...

I LOVE this! So very cool, and love the Christmas card you posted earlier too.

Those tattoos are fab! And a great idea, but not one that's likely to happen in our family, as both husband and daughter are terrified of needles, lol. x

Fikreta said...

great card!
and so cool tattoos!

Lori said...

Very cool Halloween card! So glad you linked to my challenge at Choux Choux Paper Art!

Joan B said...

cannot believe you got those tattoos!! my favorite part of the card is the polkadot moon. it is so stinking clever!!

Tlc Creations said...

Awesome card....loving the layout and layering. And both tatoos are fabulous~!
Paulette