Followers

Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Wee Little Note

Coffee of the Day - Carrot Cake

I am showing a triple duty card today - it qualifies for a store's sketch challenge & monthly progressive challenge and will also let our youngest son know we are cheering him on as he starts finals next week! whew.... that is a lot of punch to pack into a piece of card stock! :)

I have used images out of  From the Heart's "Hamlet PigWit Being Shy" digital stamp set, which also happens to be the stamp set of the month. I've been away from their progressive challenge for a bit, so I'm glad to be taking part again. I've also played along in the weekly sketch challenge, but flipped the sketch on its side. I do wacky things like that all the time!


I paper pieced cutey Hamlet the pig, using papers from My Mind's Eye All Spice collection. just a few extra accents were painted in. little banners were cut with a SU! punch. linen thread is also by SU! some accent dots were added with a marker, paper edges distressed, and a button tied to the linen thread. pretty quick for me, plus easy to put in the mail to Ryan.  not to worry, I'll be back to my regular cards again. :)

do any of you ever burn candles in your home? I want to pass along a great deal my family and I have found. we are HUGE fans of the Ashland brand candles found at Michael's craft stores. they are almost always on sale for about $4 or less for a 17 oz candle. they burn for quite a long time, too, and come in the most luscious scents!



Challenges:
From the Heart - sketch 105 with quick card twist
FTH Stamp of the Month - progressive challenge
TTCRD - anything goes
Top Tip Tues - 3 of something (3 decorative papers)
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes
Dream Valley - let's get krafty
Eureka - 4 legged friends
Melonheadz - 2 or more designer papers (I have 3)
Scribble and Scrap - anything goes

18 comments:

Anita said...

What a cute card! I can't have any candles but glad you can enjoy them.

crafty said...

I love your little piggy and card. Thanks for joining in the Eureka Stamps Challenge. Mary

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That pig is so cute.

Dorte said...

A super cute card, Jen ,
hugs Dorte

*Vicki* said...

Your pig card is awesome!! Fun colorful background and papers!! I also love how you've inked up the edge of your kraft base with white ink!! ;) This piggy is so cute!! TEE!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Have to love that banner, so cute! Stunning card! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Jennifer! I LOVE this little Hamlet piggy. Great colors and take on this week's sketch.

Lisa Minckler said...

Bwahahaha....does that really say wee? LOL! I still immitate that silly commercial of the pig in the car, drives my husband nuts. Your card is wonderful Jennifer and YES, we are candle addicts in this house. Thank you so much for the scoop on them. Now I'll hunt them out like a pig sniffing for truffles.
Hugs to you and have a good weekend!
Lisa x

Imke said...

Very cute, Jennifer and i like this DP. Mine is unfortunately used **sniff**sniff**

Great take with our FREE Stamp of the Month April, HAMLET and also with our Sketch this week @ From the Heart Stamps. Thanks for joining us.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular color choices and a wonderful interpretation of the sketch. Adorable!

Sandra said...

Aw,this is so cute Jennifer!!!
Lovely image and beautiful papers, no BG papers?? LOL
Hugs,Sandra

Penny said...

Really adorable CAS design! Love the little piggie and your coloring! Great take on the sketch--love that distressing! :^)
Hugs, Penny

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just too cute.

karalschuknecht said...

Cute card, great job. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

CraftyShutterbug said...

This is such a cute card, the colour combination you have used is just perfect. Thanks for joining us this time at the Scribble & Scrap Challenge :)
Rachel, DT xx

Kat W said...

Cute little piggie, lovely colours and fab design :-)
Thanks for joining in our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday!
Hugs, Kat x

Stephanie said...

This is so adorable, thanks for playing in our SOTM challenge at FTHS.

Bad Kitty said...

cute card