Followers

Translate

Monday, May 19, 2014

Memorial Day ATCs

Coffee of the Day - Maple Walnut

Yesterday I was playing around with some ATCs  for Memorial Day. as I have said before, these little cards are really addicting! the small size is a challenge for a palette, but great for using those itty bitty scraps from your paper pads. every piece of paper here is a scrap.

the adorable images come straight from The Doodle Garden. all papers are from the Authentique Pride paper collection. Basic Grey really needs to get on the ball and come up with a patriotic collection of its own. otherwise, I think Authentique has the most beautiful 2 sets around with this one and Glory. I really really hoard the few pieces I have remaining! little flowers are Wild Orchid Crafts and stars are punched from my ever present Starbucks coffee cozies, which were then inked with MFT whipped cream.


first ATC uses 'America the Beautiful' image and wood veneer stars by Studio Calico. some faux stitching and a wooden button tied with twine from a bag of dog food finish the little card. you know how I love to re-purpose as much as I possibly can! :)


next card uses the image 'Patriotic Posies' and a belt loop cut from a pair of old jeans before they hit the trash can. I love using these on projects!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and for your continued support for both myself & my family. it means so very much to all of us! :)

Update ----> today I received a call from the nurse who was there for my biopsies. she said it should be any day now that we hear the results. thought it was very nice of her to call to check up on me!

Challenges:
Wicked Wed ATC - red, white, and blue
613 Avenue Create - anything goes or incorporate 3 shapes: 2 stars & 1 rectangle (2nd ATC)
Ditzie Digi Design - anything goes
Red Carpet Studios - Saving Private Ryan: commemorate Memorial Day
Craft Room Ch - recycle: coffee cozies for stars, twine from dog food bag, and blue jean belt loop
Outlawz Paper a la Mode - flowers (2nd ATC)
Outlawz Greetings - Armed Forces/masculine (1st ATC)
Top Tip Tuesday - here comes summer (for many here in the USA, Memorial Day signals the start of summer)
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - anything goes
Rhedd and Rosie's - texture (2nd ATC)

16 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Jennifer it's a beautiful card.
Thanks for join us at
{Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Karin


Zoechaos said...

Wonderful set of ATCs and great use of all that little bits and pieces. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

Joey said...

Fab make, thanks for joining us at ditzie digi design. Joey x

Cherished said...

Beautiful work. Lovely cards. Thanks for playing at RCS.

Stef H said...

i love americana and this is gorgeous. i would sooooooo do americana theme in my house if i didn't naturally have so much brown (i hate brown). oh well.

i'm sure your news will be good. you have alot of people praying for you, including me!

have a great day!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Great work Jennifer, Thanks for joining in at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha

Anonymous said...

What a fab card, love the colours.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies challenge blog.

Moira DT xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Quite the lovely Americana works of art and you certainly pack a lot of stuff onto an ATC. I should get a few patriotic type cards done myself so this is very inspiring to me. I hope that you will get good news about the biopsies too. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm super big on ATC's right now myself! These are really great! I love that you used different textures and embellishments for these, new and upcycled! Totally fun!
Thanks for joining us at RCS this week and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Great cards and so patriotic!

Debi said...

two absolutely fab ATC's!! I love them both- and the recycling details are cool and perfect, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card and cute image,Thanks for joining in our challenge at DigiStamps4Joy, and I hope you join in our next challenge soon...cheers,Annie {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

Amber Milone said...

Lovely ATC's! I love all the recycled materials you used. I especially love the stars. Thanks for joining us at the Craft Room!

Esther said...

These are great ATCs - fab recycled details, Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room...Esther xx

Sam K said...

What fab ATC's, lots of details. Thank you for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday Challenges. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x

The Paper Trail said...

What a creative way to interpret this challenge! Love all the details! Thanks for playing along w/ us at RCS!