Followers

Translate

Friday, July 27, 2012

Never Give Up!

Coffee of the Day - Salted Caramel Pecan

I must begin this post by saying thank you. Thank you to every one of you who stopped by my blog to leave a kind message of encouragement. you are loved more than you can know! consider yourself hugged BIG! :)


When I first came upon this wonderful sentiment over at Word Art Wednesday, it really touched a special place in my heart. oh how easy it is to just give in, to give in to 'whatever'. we each have that 'whatever' that plagues us....it tempts us.... it tries to tackle us to the ground and make us cry Uncle. but we can't let that 'whatever' rule us or keep us from finding the beauty and joy EVERY single day brings with the sunrise.

So dear friend, grab your Brave Boots. you know you have a pair, they just might be hiding in the closet somewhere. put those boots on and hold your head high! You can do this! Because I am right there, wearing my boots, too, right along beside you, holding your hand, as we take those steps into this beautiful world. Never give up! We can do this! :)

My card was created for the new challenge over at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenges - Olympics/Sports. Papers are Basic Grey Clippings and memo receipt card is Jenni Bowlin. lots of punches and dies, buttons from stash, washi tape from Etsy, and office supply clip holds vintage seam tape. be sure to check out the new Jellypark Club at the store, too. lots of fun benefits to joining! and it's FREE!

Challenges:
Paper Play - sports/Olympics
SJ Papercrafts - Olympics
Crafty Creations - buttons
Little Red Wagon - chevrons
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Jacksons Digital Expressons - anything goes
One Stop Craft - Olympics/sports
Cute Card Thursday - distressing (both ink and paper)

22 comments:

Joan B said...

I am in awe of your presence on the internet. You are a constant source of joy and encouragement. I hope you have a good weekend. And I love your page!

Carla S. said...

Wonderful card, Jennifer! So full of love and encouragement! I hope that you are feeling better today!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so super cute. What a precious keepsake. I love it! Thanks for sharing with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Have a super week!
Karen L

Pam said...

Love the card and thanks for the reminder....I so needed that right at the minute I read your post. You are an inspiration and I always enjoy a visit to your blog. Thank you for all you do!! God Bless

Penny said...

Biggest hugs right back at ya! Love your card today; it is so cute. And the layers! Let me tell you I love the layers! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Jingle said...

This is a great card! Love the die cut shape that works so well with that image! I wish you the very best in your journey! Thanks for linking up to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Anonymous said...

Another Fabulous card Jennifer! LOVE the Zigzag too! and the clip! and a HUG that never stops giving from me xxxxxx :0)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card Jen. I love the image and the sentiment is terrific.

Jennifer said...

Incredible card Jennifer! I love the fact that it has so many bits and pieces as does our lives! Hold onto the Lord Jesus, he never fails!

Sheila H said...

Your card has lots of delightful elements. Thanks for joint our challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Karen B. said...

Now that is just an awesome saying, and an equally awesome card to go with it! I love your style!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your card design, and the Churchill quote complements the theme perfectly. Blessings!

tellana said...

I am following your blog for some time now - most often I'm lazy to write comments, but now I just want to mention that you should start a new career - become self esteem or motivation couch! I read your blog whenever I feel a bit blue or I'm simply looking for some beauty of mind. You are a truly amazing person and it is so lovely to hear that you are feeling a bit better after your chemo. Take care of yourself!
Hugs,
Liva ❤

Joy said...

Such a fab masculine card, love the chevron...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Tracy said...

Awesome card! Look at all those cool bits and pieces you put together. Love, LOVE the chevrons and that fun clip. You could have put a pic of yourself in that frame. :-) Hugs to ya sweetie!

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon

maria f. said...

So many fun things to your card - the image is perfect and that clip with seam binding - great pairing!

Sandy Ang said...

such a fun card for a guy !

Wendy Swenne said...

This is great. The background speaks to me like all the trying in life. Trying this and that. But every time when we fall, we get up and try something new.
Love it!

Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

Wendy

Marlena M. said...

I scream UNCLE almost every day! LOL. Your work is delightful Jennifer~thank you for creating and sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

Lisa-Jane said...

What a great sentiment, so true. We hope you had fun playing along with the S J Crafts Olympics Challenge.

ThePurplePlace said...

I'm always so touched by your words...you strength, encouragement and your wonderful sense of humor!!

You're such a special person and a wonderful friend!!

Hugs my friend and thank YOU!!!