Followers

Translate

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Christmas Angel

for my Jellypark/Raise the Bar post, please click here
and don't forget the blog candy sign up, too!!! :)

see, I told you today was going to be like Christmas! ;)
I have yet another card project to share with all of you.......

Today marks both new releases AND the November Club Kit over at A Day for Daisies. every image is a bit of Heaven on Earth..... truly truly.


I used the precious 'Small Angel' image on my card. (hint hint..... she is the $2 deal for this week only over at Tammy's Etsy store. race to get her for your very own!!!) papers are Echo Park Season's Greetings. her wings and halo are painted with shimmerz. I added some highlights of glitter glass to the edges of the main image. the seam tape was sprayed with walnut gold glimmer mist, as was the music sheet, which actually came from a vintage hymnal I keep on the shelf above my craft desk. buttons are vintage as well.

As I was putting the card together and adding sparkly shiny bits here and there, she seemed to be telling me to remember how much God speaks to all of us through nature. the Bible references many times God's love for the flowers and birds, and how much greater is His love for us! (glory glory!) so I added some rustic touches - the pine cone pick and burlap. I love mixing these 2 seemingly different looks into one card. so oftentimes a reminder to each of us that in the midst of our everyday lives, we are surrounded by so much natural beauty but often fail to stop and see.

So for today, take a moment to listen to the song of a bird..... it just might be an angel singing a song just for YOU! :)

Delightful Challenges - sparkly Christmas
Sweet 'n Sassy - Christmas
Cupcake Craftroom - sweet Christmas
By the Cute and Girly - Christmas Girls
Crafting for all Seasons - texture

9 comments:

PeggyR said...

This is a very cute card!

Donna Hanley said...

Very pretty card. I love the crinkled paper look and the mest and buttons. Thanks so much for sharing.

Carol L said...

I love all the earthy and vintage items you added to this great card! SO cool! Thanks for playing along with the SNSDC!

sallysbitz2 said...

A beautiful vintage Christmas card Jennifer x
Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

mrsk06 said...

Hi Jenny!! Wow! This is Gorgeous! perfect for our challenge! Thanks for playing along with Cupcake Craftroom and hope to see you again soon! Hugz Sal x

Geraldine said...

Beautiful! Great texture and details on your card.
Thank you for entering BTC&G's Christmas Girls challenge and good luck.
Geraldine

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Thank you for playing at the SNSDC.

Bianca said...

I love your card it´s so very pritty and you have had so many lovely little details! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! xx Bianca

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Fantastic, I love all the details you out in yoyr card. :) Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien