Followers

Translate

Monday, October 17, 2011

In the Spotlight with Digi Makeover Challenges

Coffee of the Day - Coconut Macadamia

Good morning to all of you! I hope your week is starting off in a most lovely way! I'm still icky poo over here, but we are NOT going to focus on that yuck..... instead we will think of pretty happy things that make our hearts sing! :)


Today begins a new challenge over at the Digi Makeover Challenge blog. our theme for this week is 'in the spotlight', which means to use the spotlight technique. This is such a fun techinque to use and open to so many great interpretations. I hope you will play along with all of us! be sure to stop by the blog to see the gorgeous inspiration projects by the DT. beautiful!


I decided to use this beautiful praying fairy image, "Madelyn." I also chose a senti from the store that seemed perfectly matched for this gorgeous image. Papers are from the Basic Grey Curio collection. I actually used a reverse spotlight technique on my card. the highlighted portion was masked and sprayed with glimmer mist to add a lovely shine and sparkle irl. buttons are from my vintage stash.

Bunny Zoe - lace
Corrosive Challenges - flying things
Lia Stamps - 2 stamps or digis
Fabulous Friday - fancy trim
Crafty Ribbons - ribbon and lace
MelJen - add ribbon

17 comments:

Danni said...

Gorgeous!! How neat to do a reverse spotlight!!

Anne Temple said...

This is SO pretty. Love the spot you chose to highlight and the sentiment is perfect.

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a beautiful card! And the sentiment is PERFECT!

Cheryl said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS,the lace is beautiful and what a fabulous image!!! BTW thanks so much for wishing Lyndall well,it's nice to know that many people still care!!
xx

Anita said...

I love the coffee flavor. Stunning card!

Cat said...

What a stunning card! Love the lace!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Jen,
Your card is GORGEOUS! I love this spotlight technique! Thanks for playing with us at Lia Stampz this week for our 2 image challenge!
Hugs,
Georgia
Lia Stampz DT

Mina said...

stunning spotlight card Jennifer, I love how you added your lace...I hope you feel better soon...thanks for joining in with the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Debbie Bakk said...

I just love fairies and that Curio Collection by Basic Grey is so wonderful to work with- love the lkace trim and so glad you could share this with us at Frosted Designs

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Beautiful spotlight card - I love your colors - soft and vintage - gorgeous with your trim! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week!
hugs,
M

Unknown said...

Great card, love how you threaded the ribbon through the lace and I love the spotlight technique you've used. Thanks for joining in with our Ribbon and Lace challenge at Crafty Ribbons this time. Hope to see you again next time.
hugs
Dawn x

Joni Parker said...

Love that spotlight technique.. very effective!! Love your fancy lace & ribbon!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Ashley Horton said...

This is gorgeous and I love how you threaded that beautiful lace trim with the smaller black ribbon!! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Frosted Designs! :)

Julie said...

This is lovely. I really like the spotlight effect!

La Vikinga said...

Hi!
I was hoping somebody would have a lace with a ribbon in between, so to say; and you have made it! It looks so good; I like your card and want to thank you for participating with us at Crafty Ribbons!

La Vikinga

Ashley said...

What a beautiful card! I love the way you used the lace and ribbon. Great job! Thanks for joining us at LiaStampz!

~Ashley
LiaStampz DT

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card. Love that technique and love that lace you used. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog for flying things.