Followers

Translate

Monday, April 4, 2011

Washing Dishes can make you BLUE! :)

Coffee of the Day - Texas Turtle


Happy Monday to you! it is pouring down rain over here in Ohio..... but I happen to really love rainy days, so this one brings a smile to my face. and if it's cold, even better! I think it is going to warm up quite a bit, well at least for here.... into the 60's today. should be good for the maple trees and tree tapping. Our big Maple Festival that celebrates the maple syrup our county is known far & wide for is coming up, so we pay attention to these kinds of things......


okay, on to the crafty! Don't let my title mislead you..... I actually spend a LOT of time hand washing dishes these days. our dishwasher broke several years ago, so Dawn detergent & I are close buds. I must admit that I don't put on my pretty dress to wash mine though.... although I did get a spunky short hair cut over the weekend, so I guess I look a bit more like this wonderful vintage image from A Day for Daisies. Working on getting as thin as she is, too! :)











I was thrilled when I found this digi in my stash of 'already printed off, but waiting to color' things that I keep in a big Ziploc bag. I no longer have this image since my old compy died, so this was exciting indeed! after watercoloring, I sponged over the apron with my white craft ink to give a little distressed look - almost like denim. Papers are Basic Grey Marjolaine, pretty resin flower is from SU!, buttons are from my vintage stash, stitched ribbon is retired SU!, and baby flower in bow is a Prima. the doily behind the image was sprayed with both walnut ink & walnut gold glimmer mist. a Martha Stewart border punch was used as well.


Believe it or not, washing dishes really does make me happy. I have learned that it is a perfect time to relax, ponder things going on in my life, pray, look out my back window at the trees & wildlife in my backyard, and just do a small thing that helps to take care of my family. so the tag is appropriate! for me anyhow......... just don't ask me to iron! giggles!


Challenges:


20 comments:

Anita said...

Amazing card! Good to hear that someone else has a pile of digis waiting to be colored. You need to show us your new hairdo.

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Jen - Yes, it was very hard to give up all my design teams, but I felt it was best, as I have been struggling!! I thank YOU for your kind words and I know you can understand and relate to having to put health first!!

On the upside I do LOVE Summer and spending so much time designing for the past two Summers has kept me inside, more than I really want, so I'm kind of excited to now have time to do whatever I want!!

I hope you and your family are well and I wish you with VERY BEST!!

As always...your cards are fabulous!

Hugs,
Lis

Maria Matter said...

Your rain is headed our way, I believe. lol It's to start later this evening so we're having spring like temps now.
Beautiful card Jennifer, I really like these pretty papers and your vintage image! wish I had her skinny arms! lol
You're right about the dishes...it's a wonderful time to relax and just enjoy the view & goodness of God! We are blessed with precious families, aren't we? Thanks for this uplifting post!
hugs & blessings to you for a wonderful day!

Donna said...

I love the style of this card Jennifer, the lace and flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining in the Little Miss Muffet Challenge, hope to see you again. hugs Donna x

Nancy said...

Fabulous, Jennifer!! I have had my share of therapeutic dishwashing too. . . just wish I had a window over the sink like you!! And I completely agree... skip the ironing ;^) !

P.S. We had some heavy snow yesterday!! Then thunderstorms well into the night! I loved them both :^)

ChickieChirps said...

Lovely card! The blue and yellow combo looks great and the stitched ribbon is fab! Thank you for joining us at the Little Miss Muffet Challenge!

Arabella

Carolynne said...

Great card and great use of old tea bag LOL
Thanks for joining us at stamping with the dragon

xx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining our "Get Punchy" challenge this week at Shelly's Images.

Love crafts forever said...

Awesome use of household items. Thanks for playing at Stampin with the Dragon.
Hugs Nataliya.

Carla said...

I too love the style of your card!!! It made me smile! Thanks for playing at the PPA! Hugs,

Marlene said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you are enjoying the word art!

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, love the blues, thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft this time, xx

Scrapping Julie said...

love it.. i dont like washing dishes!!!

Lynn said...

What a pretty card! Love the blue colours and love that cute image!
Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges:)
huggs
Lynn x

~Vittory~ said...

Lovely card! I like your style! Thank you for playing with Little Miss Muffet.
With best wishes,
Viktoria

Crystal said...

I love the colour combo of your card the papers and embellishments work so well together! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous card - how clever to use your ribbon for the stitching - lol! Thanks so much for joining in the ADFD challenge, you KNOW we love seeing you & your beautiful cards ~ hugs!

Jen Leeflang said...

zI live this card that you entered into our A Day for Daisies Challenge! Your colouring is fabulous!
Luv n huggz
Jen
ADFD DT

Lisa said...

Hi Jennifer *waving from Virginia* :) Your card is divine! The coloring is perfect and I love your layout and embellies. Thank you for playing with us over at the ADFD challenge blog!!

Lynn's scraps said...

Lovely card,Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges Lynnm