Followers

Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shady Tree Studio Release Day!

Coffee of the Day - Maple Pecan


Hooray, hooray, today is release day at Shady Tree Studio!

Stop by the store blog to see all of the gorgeous new stamp sets as well as samples by the fabby DT!

My card for today uses several of the stamps from the beautiful set, 'Eastertide'. I truly, truly love this set that Nancy has designed. it is just so versatile! I
used the wonderful quote for the main image, in addition to the pretty little flower. but what you might not notice right off the bat is that oh, so fabby egg stamp is back in action again today! if you look at the bird & flower chipboard buttons, you will see that they have been embossed. while the embossing powder was still wet, I quickly stamped the Easter egg right onto the chipboard. it created that most amazing textured effect! isn't that great?!?!?! I used a combo of pink & pearl powder on the flowers and just the pearl on the bird. irl it is so pretty to see.

the leaves behind have been covered in rock candy distress stickles to add a bit more sparkly shine. paper is from K & Co. Que Sera Sera collection. the main sentiment image was sprayed with both walnut ink & rose glimmer mist. it was then edged in warm lipstick distress stickles. some black rhinestones, satin ribbon, & pretty trim help finish off the card. I think this will make a beautiful Easter card to present to someone special - perhaps YOU!!!!

thanks so much for stopping by each day of the sneaky peeks and release for Shady Tree Studios! I have most certainly had fun and I hope you have, too! :)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

How very special, Jennifer! Wonderful details and so inspiring! Lovely!

Stef H said...

oooooo, never heard of maple pecan coffee. will definitely have to try that one!

what an absolutely gorgeous card! i just love everything about it - the colors, the layout, your embellies!

you sound like you're feeling much better and that makes me very happy. always a joy to see you!

hugs :)

IamDerby said...

wow! so many details, very nice

Carol L said...

Every detail on this gorgeous card is amazing, and it's so pretty!
Maple pecan coffee? I'd LOVE to try some of that!!! My favorite is Toffee Caramel, wanna trade? :)

Lisa Silver said...

SO lovely!!! I just love your layout!