Followers

Translate

Monday, March 1, 2010

It's a Monday Challenge with Squigglefly!

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Macadamia

Today is the Monday challenge over at Squigglefly! Remember that cool prizes are always up for grabs, so I hope that you will play along with us! Today's challenge is to use a fun border on your creation - either by using a neat punch or by creating your own.

I started with this most precious image by Cheryl Alger called 'Share the Love'. I dug into my most precious Daisy D's paper stash...... heavy sigh........ oh how I miss them....... okay, must get over it....... heavy sigh, cleansing breath...... still have Basic Grey...... okay, I think I am okay now..... phew, still have about 6 more packs in my supply so I am good for a while longer......... alright.... can breathe again.........

where am I? oh yes, my cute little card with this MOST adorable image...... used this fun Fiskars border punch and a sketch layout from Papertake Weekly. Added a sentiment of my own prior to printing, some wonderful vintage buttons, a neat vintage ledger paper circle, and finished with a gorgeous organdy ribbon. The card base edges were inked with white craft. I love the vintage look to this precious little girl, so wanted to keep with that for the overall feel of the card. I used to have some shoes just like these back when I was in high school. LOVED THEM! actually wore them all through my 20's until I couldn't find them anymore in stores.

Hope everyone has a most glorious day! these dag-nab seizures won't leave me alone and I have SO MUCH to get done this week..... oh well, I am still very very blessed each and every day. what is a bit of shaking to get in the way? just need to turn on the ol' rock and roll music and shake to the beat! grins! chat with ya later! :)

11 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Jennifer. This is gorgeous. I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed it for an example on my site!

Marlene said...

This is so adorable!!!

Maria Matter said...

you're so funny Jennifer, great post!

Beautiful card, such a great image!
blessings, Maria

Anne said...

She's a real cutie Jennifer:) I'd shoes like that too lol
Anne x

Helen said...

Awww...sweet card! Love the colour too!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly!
Helen x

Holly Young said...

Very sweet! Your humor will keep those seizures at bay Jennifer!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Sorry the seizures won't leave you alone. I love your attitude and just put on some rock n roll.

Crazy Creations said...

Love your card to cute!Hugs Sarah

michele said...

gorgeous card Jennifer! those shoes were back in fashion for awhile!! I have a pair of grey fabric ones hiding in my wardrobe lol!! hugs xx

JazzyH said...

Great card!

Catherine said...

Oh, I love this! You are my queen of vintage inspiration! This is colored so beautifully, I'm drooling over your embellies and papers, and your distressing is wonderful! Wow!