Followers

Translate

Monday, November 2, 2009

An Extreme Guitar for a Special Girl....

Coffee of the Day - Caramel Truffle

Welcome to my stop on the Spread the Love Blog Hop!!! If you have arrived from the fabby *CRAFTY CREATIONS CHALLENGE BLOG*, then you are hopping along the right path! :D if at any point you lose your way, just head over to the *STAMP SOMETHING....FOR JAIMIE* blog for the master list. If you are just beginning, start at the wonderful *KATHARINA* blog spot!

Now for a bit of the history behind this hop:

"On October 4th, 4 teenagers armed with knives broke into a home in a small town in New Hampshire. Alone and sleeping inside were a mother and her 11 year old daughter. These 4 boys broke into this home with the intent to rob and kill anyone inside. They stabbed the mom, Kimberly Cates, to death and left her daughter, Jaimie, for dead in their driveway. It was a completely random act, their home was chosen only due to its secluded surroundings."

Our hope is that everyone hopping around today will stop for a moment and think about Jaimie and her father and what life must be like for them now. One moment in time has changed their lives forever. We are asking that everyone reading this message please take a moment to make a card and send it off to Jaimie. You can make something very simple or much more involved, but please share some words of hope and love and let her know that people do care and want the best for her. Please send your card to the address below:

Jaimie Cates
c/o Mont Vernon Fire Station
Main Street
Mont Vernon, NH 03057

I really wanted to make something for Jaimie that would appeal to her tastes, but couldn't find any extreme outdoor stamps in my collection. So I went to my Extreme music instead - hopefully that will be okay, as most teens and preteens I know are into their tunes as well. (I know I still am... grins!) I went with her fave hot pink and black, but mixed it up with some of the other colors found in the spunky funky fabby-licious K & Co. Greenhouse papers. Added some cool-io rhinestones and black grosgrain ribbon. kept it fairly simple and managed to limit the frou frou frills. The guitar player is embossed and the edges haphazardly stamped with the Extreme Elements set.

Please please consider sending a card to this precious child. Just a note to let her know she is not alone. If you do so, please post to your blog and link back to the STAMP SOMETHING...FOR JAIMIE blog. Some amazingly generous companies have donated prizes for everyone who sends out a card.

Now hop yourself on over to the truly spectacular *LAYERS OF COLOR* blog! these are some amazing blogs I am surrounded by on the hop! giggles! Have fun! :)

50 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Wow Jennifer what a cool card! I love the pink and black together. I love how you softened a bit with the other colors. What a wonderful cause!!!c

Michelle said...

I'm sure she'll love it! the colors are wonderful!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

This is so hip and has a pretty touch that Jaime will love! Thanks for joining us!

Anonymous said...

A Gorgeous card for Jaimie. x

Anonymous said...

WOW! Jennifer, this is just awesome!! The colors and style of creation look like it just perfect to help cheer up Jaimie! Thanks so much for your support!! HUGS

Beautiful Greetings said...

Jennifer this is so pretty, I am sure she will just love it!

Unknown said...

What great color combinations... and love the extreme guitarist!

Micki said...

Great card Jenn, she's sure to love it! I am so glad that I am part of this amazing blog hop :-) and surrounded by my friends.

Tanya said...

Great card!!!

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Fabby card!!! I'm sure she'll love it...and I hope these help to bring a huge smile to Jaimie's face xx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

What a fun card Jennifer! Love the fun papers and that great image. Thanks so much for joining in our hop today! :)

Darlene said...

Your creation is awesome Jenn and I'm sure Jaimie will LOVE it!! I put my card in the mail today ... you can take a peek at it the next time you visit my blog! Thanks for helping to "spread the word" for this young lady!!

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card!

Catherine said...

What a senseless tragedy! My family thinks I'm paranoid and overly cautious with home safety/security, but you just need to hear a story like this to know it could happen.
I love your card and I'm sure Jaimie will, too! It's rockin'!!! I will definitely try to send her a card as well.
How awesome of all of you to come together for this. God bless you!
Hugs,
C-

Scrapping Julie said...

very kewl jennifer, love how you did the brads

Unknown said...

Great card! I think she will love it.

hugs,
Gini

kim.mom said...

Awesome card Jennifer!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

This card is so fun! I'm sure it will bring a smile to Jaimie's face! Glad to be part of the hop with you!

Janna :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Jennifer - what a gorgeous card for Jamie, I love that adorable image - I am so thrilled to be part of this amazing expression of love for Jaimie with stampers like yourself! Thank you for 'Spreading the Love!' God bless you!

LINDA said...

Fantastic card.. Im sure she will LOVE it..Love the colors.. Very lovely!!!
Hugs Linda

Mary said...

What a great card! here is the card that I made for Jaimie. I will be sending it to her tomorrow.

hugs
Mary

Mira said...

So cool card :)
I'm sending mine today.

Sharon said...

Very cool image Jennifer - I love all the embellishments!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the colors of this with the bold guitar image!

Carol<>< said...

great card!
Carol<><

Shelly said...

An awesome card!!! I'm sending a card too.

Splendid Little Stars said...

a very fun card!

Stitchinwitch said...

I think it appropriate to say that your card rocks

Lynne said...

very cool card!!

Suzanne said...

This is a fab card and such a worthwhile cause. I will be making a card for Jamie today
Hugs
Suzanne x

Golden said...

My boys would love this card beause it's all about Rock! Thanks for the chance to blog hopfor Jamie. I made a card also, just not as hip as yours.

Victoria said...

what a beautiful card and what a wonderful idea.
i have made a card and is ready to post tomorrow as I will need to go to the post office as it reqires an airmail stamp. The post on my blog can be found here. and my sons are going to make a card for Jaimie too.
hugs Vicky x

Chris said...

I bet she loves your card. Here's the one I made
http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2009/11/color-throwdown-for-cause.html

Ginny said...

im sure she'll love it, I'll post a card for her today :0)

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card!
Jamie will LOVE it!
So glad to be a part of spreadig the love with you!
Hugs,
True :)

Erin... said...

Such a cool card! Jaimie will love it, it rocks! Thanks for being part of the hop. Hugs, erin

Shana said...

Wonderful colour combination and great stamp! Most preteens are extremely music focused so I'm sure Jaimie will love it! Thank you for sharing.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a fab card! Love the image and the arrow, it´s brilliant :)

Hugs
Maarit

Joey said...

Hi Jennifer

your card is fantastic, fabulous image!

Joey.x

Manna said...

Wau, what a rock card!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Jennifer, jaimie is gonna love it, such a cool card for a teenager. hugs Avril xxx

Susa said...

Such a cool card!!!

I'll make mine tonight to her.

Hugs, Susa

Annette Bowes said...

Great card, love the image, take careX:)

Anne H. said...

WOW - your card for Jaimie rocks!
Fab image and a lovely colorcombo!
Take care xx
Anne -:)

Nina said...

both your cards are just lovely, thanks for a wonderful for hop for a great cause!

Nina
http://theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/
(free digital stamps every Monday)

Moshie said...

I think both your cards for Jaimie are just wonderful! Mine is going postal soon.

Shannon said...

Awesome card! Thanks for joining in the Spread the Love blog hop. I'm overjoyed at the number of caring people in the stamping community - Jaimie's sure to be pleased! My card is here.

KarenB said...

Your card rocks!! Mine is here:
http://beingkaren.blogspot.com/2009/11/cards-and-things.html

Unknown said...

great card
mines will be posted soon
hugs nikki xx

Janice said...

Cool card! I love your blog-this is my 1st visit! Great cards.