Followers

Translate

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Groundhog Day in Punxsy, PA!

Coffee of the Day - Cinnabon by Seattle's Best

On the spur of the moment, the fam decided to take off for Punxsutawney, PA yesterday morning to see the famous weather prediction of groudhog Phil. We left the house at 3 am to make this amazing journey into American culture. All I can say is, "WOW!!!! What an experience!" Not really like the movie, which was filmed in Illinois we later learned, but one I would repeat in a heartbeat.


This photo is taken with one of the Council members. The people of the town
were so very kind. There are also about 20 of these fun groundhog statues placed all around the town, each one painted in a different manner. We all had our photos taken with different ones. Some of them are quite clever in the design of the painting.

We really did have fun! But as you all know, 6 more weeks of winter. (which I don't mind so much since I happen to like the snow!) And thank you so much for the prayers and kind words for my test. I'll know more after my dr. appt. tomorrow.
Have a great day! Jennifer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like it would be such a blast! I would love to do this someday with my family.

Gina Lindsay said...

What a wonderfully fun thing to do! That looks like a great time.