Followers

Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Peace, Joy, and Christmas Heels!

It probably seems a bit strange to be sharing a Christmas card this late in the day on New Year's Eve, but when this post goes live, it will actually be New Year's DAY in some parts of the world! oh the glories of technology! :)


and you see, I am posting this as a brand new member of the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra Design Team! :) I am so excited to be a part of this team, not the least because it's going to help me get my cards done in time this year! grins! :)

For the past few years, I made a few Christmas cards each month beginning in January and had a nice stash by December. 2015 was a big flop for my holiday card making. I was so far behind and didn't come close to having enough. no way am I going to let that happen again! I'm going to be ready with my jingle bells on come Christmas 2016! who's with me?!  the great thing is that there are several challenge blogs out in bloggyland, (such as Crafty Hazelnut's!), so you can win prizes as you build your stash! doesn't get much better than that folks!


I have used the fun Christmas Heels image by Bugaboo and a sentiment by Create with TLC for my card. papers are from the Basic Grey Evergreen collection, buttons & holly sprig are vintage, and glittered rose is from Michael's. little plaid ribbon snippet is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. the holly sprigs on the shoes are covered in distress stickles and accented with my spica clear glitter gel pen. I also used distress stickles around the edges of the main image, which is matted by a doily. the sentiment piece was sprayed with kraft glimmer mist.

thanks so much for stopping by! may your 2016 overflow with blessings! :)
Jennifer

Challenges:
TTCRD - anything goes
Crafty Gals Corner - anything goes
Pile it On - Christmas/Winter
A Snowflake's Promise - anything goes with winter or Christmas theme
Coloring in Scrapland - Christmas
Dream Valley - Christmas
Crimbo Crackers - anything Christmas goes (hi, Ruth!!!)

9 comments:

Heather said...

Hi, Jennifer! Welcome to the team, so glad to have you joining us. Your card is beautiful! Love all the "girly" embellishments.

ursula Uphof said...

I am with you on making Christmas cards all year with the lovely challenges around. Congratulations on your DT appointment. Love her challenges. Have a wonderful 2016. Ursula xxx

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for your lovely design inspiration for CHNC challenge extra for January

Fikreta said...

great card!
Happy new year!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Julie said...

Lovely card.
Julie T

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is so pretty.

Amy Cohen said...

Very festive and feminine. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Marie Bingaman said...

Those heels sure are festive! I would never be able to wear them without falling flat on my face, though! Love your card!

~Marie B :)

Karen C said...

Super fun! Love the shoe image! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
Hugs,
Karen C