Followers

Translate

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happy Dog, Happy Life

Coffee of the Day - Eggnog

I took a little break from making Christmas gifts to create this card to send to our son, Mick. his dog, Brutus, was super sick last week. thankfully Brutus is doing better now, but did require 2 emergency trips to the vet. :(  in the mean time, poor Mick was beside himself and we had many texts into the wee hours of the night....


I thought the sentiment seemed perfect, as is too often the case with pets and babies - if they aren't happy, ain't no body in the house happy! ;)

the cute puppy image is from Sandra Caldwell's Etsy shop, paper is a scrap I had left over from a project using Simple Stories Snow Fun collection, flower is by Petaloo, ribbon scrap is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and buttons are all from my vintage stash. lots of re-purposed items on here, too - belt loop from a pair of jeans, Starbucks coffee cozy that was inked, and a piece of twine from a tag.

now I'm off to spend the day crafting. hope you have a good one! :)

Challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner - anything goes
Inspiration Destination - anything goes
Clear it Out - anything goes: stash: buttons, ticket
TTCRD - anything goes
As You Like It - fave: masculine or feminine (masculine even though I tend to make more feminine cards. because if I'm making a masculine card that means that more than likely it is going to one of my guys and that ALWAYS makes me happy! )
Quick Quotes - non-holiday card
Not Just Cards - anything goes

9 comments:

Fikreta said...

great card!
Im happy that the dog si better!
hugs
>^.^<

Tracey said...

The puppy image is so cute....perfect sentiment, great card!

Dawn said...

Hi Jennifer, I'm so sorry I haven't been around much lately, just snowed under here!
I absolutely love all the creations on your blog since my last visit!
I'm sorry I can't comment individually, I'd be here for weeks catching up! lol
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

Tammi

TTCRD DT

makememories4life {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door

ttcrd.blogspot.com




Rae Ann said...

So glad to hear Brutus is doing better. It is always so scary to have to take a loved pet to the emergency room! Love all of the repurposed bits on this card! Now I know what to do with those sleeves from Starbucks!!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Jennifer! I love that cute image and the colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv Wilma

Golden Goddess Designs said...

this pup is a cutie! wonderful job as always! you are a great artist! thanks for sharing over at Quick Quotes this month!

Alicia

Connie Mercer said...

super cute~thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Adorable fun card! Thank you so much for joining us at Quick Quotes for our challenge in December!