Followers

Translate

Monday, December 28, 2015

Garage Pallet Grunge Art

Coffee of the Day - Bourbon Pecan

Well life is slowly but surely get back to normal as we recover from all of the craziness that led up to the holidays....

Today I want to share with you a fun gift I made for my husband. he loves wooden pallets and the neat things people make with them. one of  his favorite things to do is look at all of the clever ideas on Pinterest for projects made with reclaimed pallets.

when I saw that one of my favorite online craft stores was carrying miniature pallets, I immediately ordered several so that I could make a Christmas gift for my hubby! when we would visit the auto parts store, I would find little odds & ends in the parking lot and put them in my pocket. the same when we would go to the car wash. since I am always picking up little doo dads and putting them in my pocket, no one in my family ever questioned what I was doing! guess the pack rat tendencies finally paid off! :)


While most people don't tend to think of ribbons and flowers as masculine, plaids, like the blue/gold I used here, and burlap string are perfect for any project you make for a guy. neutral flowers also go well. most guys like flowers as long as you don't go overboard. a few can add a nice touch.

the pallets were painted with numerous coats of paint and then sanded. I used a stamp by Prima and their chalk ink along one edge of the large pallet. I filled in the pallets with Prima products along with the hardware goodies I found. flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, Michaels, and Petaloo.

I challenge you to make a masculine project (or several!) in the upcoming year. I promise we'll have some challenge themes over on the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog that will work well. grab some plaid ribbon and get busy! especially while that amazing sale is going on! go check it out! :)

Challenges:
Crafty Creations - anything goes
Deep Ocean - anything goes
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes
Not Just Cards - anything goes
L'il Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
The Stamping Boutique - anything goes

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So very COOL!!

Nancy said...

Wow, Jennifer! What a unique and creative project! It's fabulous! :o)

Fikreta said...

this is great!
hugs
Bad Kitty's Craftroom
>^.^<

Tlc Creations said...

What a great project. I bet your husband loved it.
Paulette

ursula Uphof said...

What a great project Jennifer. Love it. hugs, Ursula

Deanne Saunders said...

So sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING BOUTIQUE challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

CraftyGirl said...

I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member