Coffee of the Day - German Chocolate Cake
I was kindly asked by Jenn over at Just Some Lines to do a tutorial for them. Of course mine had to involve coffee in some form or fashion! and when it comes to coffee and crafting, I have no shortage of ideas, so be on the lookout for part 2 to come later! :)
Ways to Recycle your Coffee & Grounds for Paper Crafting:
Coffee Paper -
1. Take several sheets of plain cardstock and set them on a protected surface.
2. Sprinkle cooled coffee grounds over cardstock & let sit for about 15 minutes.
3. Carefully take each sheet of cs to dumping area, (this could be trash, but I put mine straight into garden for compost! plants eat them up like chocolate! grins!). Flip the cs over so grounds fall into dumping area. it's okay if you still have a few grounds stuck to paper.
4. Let cs dry for several hours until completely dry. You will see a really cool pattern emerge, each sheet different!
5. Gently brush remaining coffee grounds from cs. It's now ready to use! :)
Coffee Stained Ribbons & Trims -
1. Pour cooled coffee (a few grounds added are fun, too!) into a container that has a bit of depth to it. you want your ribbons & trims completely covered in coffee.
2. Add snippets of whatever ribbons & trims you would like to dye. Cotton tends to hold the color better than anything with a high synthetic content. vintage trims are fabulous for this technique!
3. Let soak for at least several hours.
4. Gently rinse under slow tap water to remove any coffee grounds. Be careful to not wash away all dye. If this happens, just repeat steps 2 & 3.
5. Let trims completely dry prior to using.
This is my completed card using the precious Just Some Lines image, 'Fairy Kiss'. papers are from the My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing Lavender collection, buttons are vintage, washi tapes are from Etsy, little ticket is Maya Road. card base was also sprayed with Mr. Huey's dewey mist, fairy's wings were covered in stickles, and little polka dots were added to the caterpillar.
Crafty Cardmakers - winged things
There's Magic in the Air - things with wings (hi to all of my former teamies! love your Jen's Sunshine card, Nina!!!)
Tammy's Scrappin' Corner - anything with wings
Creatalicious - fantasy or baby
Live and Love Crafts - lovely lace or terrific trims
Corrosive Challenges - myth and magic
Joanna Sheen - going dotty
Dutch Dare - fantasy