Followers

Translate

Monday, July 30, 2012

Keep Your Face to the Sunshine!

Coffee of the Day - Maple Pecan

Happy Monday to ya! Last week on my one day of feeling good, I had a chance to play with the wonderful "Jen's Sunshine" digi stamp set created by Paper Makeup Stamps. every time I see all of the fun bits from that set I just smile so BIG! :)


well the challenge today at the Digi Makeover is 'Endless Summer", so what better time to have a card about sunshine! There are 2 fab designers playing along, too: Carla Aerts is a new full time DT member and Sammibug is our Guest this week. Please stop by their blogs to tell them hello!




My card uses the sun, which I paper pieced, and the Helen Keller quote from the set. You can find it here in the Paper Makeup Stamps store. thank you again to Katie, Michelle, and Jenn for all they are doing to help my family! papers are Bo Bunny Vicky B, flowers are Prima, seam tape is vintage from our fave little antique store, and washi tape is from Etsy. the main senti piece was left in its Spellbinders die and sprayed with 2 colors of glimmer mist. the card size is to fit in a legal envie.

A blog hop is planned for Aug. 29 if you would like to join along. you can get in touch with Jenn through the Digi Makeover blog or send me an email if you would like. there will be prizes and lots of fun. I hope you will join us! :)

Challenges:
Crafty Bloggers - anything goes
Creative Stamp Friends - summer, sun, beach, and sea
Cupcake Craft - Great Outdoors
Squigglefly - speak to me
Tammy's Scrappin Corner - anything goes
Victorine Originals - summertime
Dream Valley - summer
One Stitch at a Time - use a digi
Robyn's Fetish - summer fun

27 comments:

SiskiyouSue said...

Wonderful! That's one of my favorite quotes, and your card is perfect for it. How could that sun not be perfect?

Elizabeth Hart said...

Hi Jen - gorgeous card with the happy sun - and - you made it with your special set (that I ordered right away - love it!) Have a great week, Hugs from Elizabeth (PIO teammate)

Lisa Minckler said...

Jennifer!!! You've used one of my all time favorite inspirational people. I love that quote and what a gorgeous way you've decorated to emphasize the message. Your card is absolutely beautiful. The paper pieced sun is wonderful and I love the very attention grabbing banners. :) So happy to see another terrific card from you.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Michelle VP said...

I'm so happy you had a good day for playing with YOUR set! :) Love the way you pieced and colored the happy sun and made a long card. Such pretty accents with the ribbon, flowers and doily too. :) Big {hugs}, Jen!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card. I can't wait to add this set to my collection.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Jennifer: Your projects are always winners in my book, and they ALWAYS make me smile. Great job on this one!
I just stopped by Moxie Fab World and learned about the adorable stamp set that was made for you. I'm off to get mine!
Please know that I've prayed for you twice this morning, and will keep you on my prayer list. Remember, NEVER give up. God is always at work!
Blessings to you,
Karen L

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card and I love that it's a longer one. How fun to use glimmer mists on the sentiment too. Love the paper piecing too.

Edwina said...

Hey, Jennifer, How are you doing? Glad to see you posting cards. Love your sentiment and the cute sun on your card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish. Edwina Brown

Penny said...

Hey, Jennifer, that sun is so cute and you made such a sweet card with it and the sentiment! So glad that set was created for you! Hope you're feeling great today! :^)
Hugs,
Penny

Crafting Vicky said...

I really love how you have used this wonderful sun! And that sentiment is awesome with this tag.

Since I'm back from vacation, this set will be purchased very soon so that I may play with it as well and help in any small way that I can.

Thanks for joining us as OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

Tracy said...

Woohoo! Haven't gotten a chance to use my stamps yet but I love em'. I really like the fun shape of your card Jen and the paper piecing is awesome. Hugs to ya!

Renee B. said...

Adorable card Jennifer...Love, love,love that quote!
Hugs, Renee

Faye said...

Sooooooooo cool! The colours are gorgeous and your image choice is perfect for The Great Outdoors. Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

CraftyDaffy said...

Wow....such a bright and cheerful card, and what a great sentiment / quote. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at One Stitch at a Time. xxDenise

Holly Young said...

Great card and quote Jenn! I love the way you used the washi tape. Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Choccy said...

Adorable :O)
Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our Use a Digi challenge. Hope to see you back next week :O)

Choccy x

mags said...

A lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
Mags
x

G8country life said...

Hi Jenn, wonderful card, so cheer- y. Love that sun makes me smile. I'm glad you share with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner-Elisa DT

Eret said...

Jennifer, your card is so so beautiful. Your paper piecing makes the sun even more adorable :)
Hugs, Eret

wannabcre8tive said...

Such a cute card. Love the paper pieced sun and the sentiment. Glad you joined the Squigglefly challenge.
Hugs.

tellana said...

What a gorgeous card and such an inspiring sentiment!
Hugs,
Liva ❤

Linda Wescott said...

I love the sun paper pierced. I've just put a blog post showing the cards I've made with this set. It's a lovely happy selection of stamps and makes me think of you and smile. Love and hugs sweetheart. Lin

Aunty Sue said...

What a lovely creation and thanks for sharing at Dream Valley

Charlene Mitchell said...

What a fabulous card - so bright and cheerful! I just bought the set too, so can't wait to start creating! Thanks for joining us at Squigglefly this week!

Scrappy Scatty said...

Your card is lovely I just wish we had that sunshine
Thank you for playing along this week at Squigglefly
Love Jan
xx

Chana Malkah said...

Wonderful Male card! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.
Hugz
Chana, DT Coordinator

Edwina said...

Hello, Jennifer!You have been on my thoughts a lot lately. I hope you are doing better. My card is made. I am a DT for Robyn's Fetish. Mine will be posted there and at http:edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
on the 29th.
Take care. Edwina Brown