Followers

Translate

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Be Happy with Flowers and Ribbons

Coffee of the Day - Salted Caramel Pecan

Hello! can you believe it? 2 posts in a row? must be some kind of miracle.... grins! nah, just rushed around yesterday and actually finished a card in spite of feeling yuck. thought some bright colors might bring a bit of sunshine to my day, and they DID! :)
Don't know when I'll be crafting again. I have 2 projects I really want to finish for August, but other than that don't have any idea when I'll be up to it again. just feel so blech. wish I could snap my fingers and it would all disappear. but sadly life isn't like that. thankfully good moments come along that remind me to smile and stay focused on what really counts. :)

Today starts new challenges at both Party Time Tuesdays (anything goes) and Top Tip Tuesdays (focus on the ribbons). thankfully my card covers BOTH challenges! always a cool thing when that happens.....



My card uses the cute 'Courtney with a Flower' image from The Digi Garden. All trims, flower, & ribbons except the green polka dot come from Martha at Creating is Fun. papers are Pink Paislee She Art - I sooooo love this collection of papers! buttons are from my vintage stash. washi tape is My Mind's Eye. some faux stitching finishes the card. I have to add that this card has already headed off to Camp to be given to a lucky girl (well, hopefully she thinks she is lucky to get it!).

Tip: a fun way to adhere ribbons and trims, especially if you have several to add at once as I did on my card above, is to use a stapler. I keep several in various sizes on my craft desk at all times. super easy and a great look, too! :)

love and squishy hugs to all of you!

Challenges:
Love to Create - add a tag
Paper Pretties - 2 or more dsp
Ribbon Reel - photo insp plus buttons and ribbon/twine
Secret Crafter - bright & cheerful
Phindy's Place - button it
Stamping Boutique - anything goes (waving hi to my old teamies!!)

21 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Jennifer! Kudos to you for making a knock out card. All that ribbon looks sensational. :) I couldn't get the picture to enlarge because I wanted to see the clouds closer up, but from what I can see with my bad eyes, they look AMAZING!! Your card certainly perked me up and put a smile on my face.
Take care of yourself and rest when you can and I can't wait to see your future projects. So happy to have you with us at Top Tip Tuesday. :D
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Chris said...

Hey Jen, you're doing it all wrong, it's not snapping your fingers that works - you have to wiggle your nose. Almost everybosy can snap fingers, just a few special people can wiggle the nose. Start practising.
hugs
c

Carla S. said...

Such a sweet card, Jennifer! The papers are very cheerful and the image is adorable! Hope you feel better.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a cute card. I brought a smile to my face. TFS.

Penny said...

Jennifer, this is such a cute image! Love the wonderful papers and colors you used with her! The tag is a nice touch and I love the lace!
Sending biggest hugs and wishing you renewed health! :^)
Penny

Unknown said...

Love your card Jennifer and your tip. The image is adorable and you did an amazing job coloring her.
Hope you are feeling better very soon. Hang in there!!!
Love & support to you teamie,
Lisa xx

Tracy said...

Well you'd never know you were feeling blech from this sunshiney card GF. Too cute! I like to use my stapler sometime too. Mostly on tags, but like you said it's perfect for adding trims too. Hope tomorrow brings you less blech and a yard full of singing birds. :-) Hugs!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love your card, it is happy and cheery. I can see how making this one made you smile. I hope you are having a great day my friend!

NancyD said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create. NancyD

febe said...

Beautiful colors, sweet image and a lovely purple flower :)

gifts to new zealand

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Jennifer and LOVE the way you have added the ribbon I LOVE your tip too and have fun with that one often too! hugs me xx

Pauline said...

This is a beautiful card, so jolly and fun. I love the patterned paper, and the fab image and pretty flower. A great card.

Sorry to hear of your illness, I wish you all the best and a swift recovery xx

Pauline said...

And I forgot to say thank you so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week, would love to see more of your creations there! Xx

Oscar said...

Beautiful card Jennifer, love the colours, sweet image so beautifully coloured. Thanks for playing along and sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

Mary J said...

Hello Jennifer! Wow, what a very very cute card - love that flower and touch of lace!

Jackie Randolph said...

Jennifer, this is absolutely gorgeous!! Love all the ribbon, beautiful colors and design!! Keeping you in my prayers sweetie! Thanks for joining us this week at "Add A Tag" at Love to Create Challenge

ThePurplePlace said...

Sending a hug....email me when you can and when you are feeling up to it!! Want to check on your class and make sure you're ALL set!!

Take you time...rest and heal and know you're in my thoughts..

Hugs,
Lis

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hang in there, Jennifer. I'm thinking aboutcha and sending you some good vibes!

Sonia said...

Hi!~
Totally Gorgeous Jennifer!~
Great JOB!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

This is so pretty Jennifer, I love the patchwork feel :)
Thinking about you & sending you loads of love & hugs.
Tracey
xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer ,, I just love everything about this ! I am sure whoever received this will feel very special indeed !! Stunning !! :-)

luv
Lols x x x