Followers

Translate

Thursday, September 2, 2010

In the Garden

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Macadamia

It is amazing how much peace, how much inspiration, how much restoration, I can find in a garden or in the woods. and the older I get the more I truly need this time in nature. It revives my soul. I find myself closer to God, which is silly I know since He is everywhere. Our boys (I really need to stop calling them that - boys - they are such amazing young MEN....) are discovering the same thing about themselves. We are a family who needs trees and all the little critters who inhabit them! grins! yesterday David and I just walked around a nursery for over an hour to just gaze upon the gorgeous plants, shrubs, and flowers that workers so carefully maintain. How I thrilled to see the honey bees swarming around perennials in these last few months before winter starts to make its way to northeast Ohio. we even ran into a long time friend and spent a while catching up.

So you must be wondering why in the world I am rambling on and on about gardens and bees and the like......... well you see I received word yesterday that a very special friend is not doing so well. she has been in the hospital for quite a while now, in a specially equipped room that allows for no windows to be opened, no fresh air to enter to replace the stale medical environment that she now calls home. Her beloved dogs can not sit on her lap. She can not see the beautiful gardens that surround her house, the gardens that cause hundreds of people to tour every year - that is just how fantastic they are. and yet this amazing woman will gladly take a cutting here and a pinch there and share with her friends because that is just how wonderful she is. and she wanted to take a little trip out of the hospital to Starbuck's (yes, she is THAT fantastic!! tee hee!), but it caused a fever to spike, so I long with all my heart to sent her a carafe of that famous coffee......
But instead I will make her a card. for right now that is all I can do because she lives so far away from me. and I used this most beautiful image from Tammy over at A Day for Daises. Because my most special projects always seem to use her artwork.........There is a lot of behind the scenes work that went into this card. if you would like the details, I would be happy to send them to you. but I have nattered on here long enough. suffice it to say that I pullled out my beautiful vintage buttons because my dear friend deserves only the best. and I used my precious pink shimmerz because it will make her giggle. My heart is in this card....... David said it took his breath away. I only hope she feels the love I am sending her.

Thanks for hanging in here with me to the end. and may you feel the love I am sending you! :)

19 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

what a wonderful card you have made for your friend :) My prayers are with you and her and her family ...

Ros said...

Oh my ... your post made me smile and nod in agreement at the beautiful nature of our planet ... and I feel the same as you ... peaceful ... closer to God when I am amongst the animals and beautiful mother earth ...Then I cried reading about your friend because I could feel your love in your words ... This card is beautiful ... Beautiful in it's creation and beautiful in the love it holds ... a special treat to our challenge this week at CCCB ... Thank you

paulssandy said...

Oh WOW, this is so lovely. The bow is so pretty and perfect.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is a lovely! I love that big lace bow, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

beautiful card, love the lace.....thanks for joining us at the CCCB

Julie said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love that ribbon. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post and a beautiful card.. Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Kelly said...

WHat a beautiful card for your friend!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a truly precious card this is! You have touched me so with your post. I know your friend is going to appreciate this so much. It is very special and very beautiful. I am a big fan of Webster's Pages, so love the papers that you used, and those vintage buttons are true treasures. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR.

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there - your dear friend will smile when she receives this...its so peaceful and love the splash of pink!hope this finds you doing well also
hugs
Linda

Lisa said...

Hi Jennifer, so nice to see you playing along in the Tea Room! I hope you are doing well. Your card is just absolutely precious!

i {heart} papers said...

Oh my gosh. It's gorgeous and your post made me well up. You are so wonderful and I can't thank you enough. I know she will absolutely love it.

i {heart} papers said...

Oh gosh, you made me well up. Thank you for sending this. I know she will absolutely love it. It's gorgeous!

cnelson said...

I'm quite sure it will take her breath away!! It is a wonderful card and you can feel the love behind it! I also feel the love of God when I am out amongst the wonders of nature he created for us. I also feel His love when I enjoy the handiwork of his children. Thank you for sharing this! You truly did let your light shine. Thank you so much for participating this week at CCCB!

Catherine said...

This is such a beautiful and precious card Jennifer ! Your friend will be so so happy... Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

~amy~ said...

such a gorgeous card...love the pop of pink..your friend will love it.

Sandy Ang said...

Congrats on the CCCD Spotlight !

Annie said...

a beautiful card for your special friend. thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Nancy said...

I love this card, Jennifer. Love it. ((( hugs ))) to you and your friend. . . I'm sure it will be like a breath of fresh air for her to look at this beautiful work of art. Nature truly is a great comfort from God and I love how it inspires your art. Thank you for sharing the card and your story :^).