Followers

Translate

Saturday, March 27, 2010

An Easter Egg for You!

Coffee of the Day - Tiramisu

Good morning! Are you getting ready for Easter? I haven't even started yet... our middle son, Mick, is heading off on a rock climbing trip the end of next week (eek!) that snuck up on me out of the blue, we've had an invite for dinner, and this is just the 2nd card I have made. how is that for not being the least bit prepared... oh well, we will get there - ready or not. :) I hope you are doing better than I!!!

This adorable image is created by Cheryl Alger and can be found at both her store and Squigglefly. Speaking of SF, they have some fun new images being released today, including a new line called "Inside Outs". Be sure to take a look! Cheryl has her own challenge blog that has recently started, so I am entering this.

I must say this card did create a challenge for me. I realized that I only have one Easter SF image, and thankfully it was one of Cheryl's. Since it IS going to be sent to a little boy, I tried to keep it less girly than I typically make, which proved to be more difficult than I thought it would. Usually I don't have a problem with guy cards, so maybe it is coming out of my time off from crafting for so long. Anyhow, in the end I gave in and added the paper flowers in the corner. It just seemed so bare without it! :) Since the little boy is only 5, I hope he won't mind. ;) I tried to keep the colors boy-friendly though. My guys will have kittens when they see it, so I am gearing up for that confrontation. oh well...... I do think it turned out fairly cute.

Do you realize this is the first pair of shoes I have colored in ages that aren't PINK?! giggles! in case you have never noticed, I have a thing about making all of the girls' shoes PINK in the cards I make. look at yesterday's post... and if you check back to almost every single one, the shoes are all PINK! :D so making his plain ol' brown was another one of the challenges for this card. but no way, no how was I giving this guy pink shoes. forget the kittens, my guys woulda had cows! I soooooooooo wanted to add glitter to the little baby flower and egg, but I didn't 'cause of the whole boy factor.... man, they are HARD to make a card for! :p guess I had better girly me up a card QUICK!


Y'all have a wonderful weekend, and I will see you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anita said...

I so agree all shoes should be pink. I love your card. I have a couple Easter cards but need to get the rest done soon.

Sassy Cheryl said...

How adorable Jennifer! Love it as always.

Davi said...

Such a cute card. Love that sweet image and all the details!

Ann English said...

Awh, Jennifer. I love what you did with this little guy-he is so cute. I am sooo happy you are back! Missed you bunches!

The Wired Angel said...

Terrific card Jennifer! Thanks for playing along with us this week GF!! Best of luck in the drawing. Hugs, Peggy

Alina said...

Lovely card, Jennifer, I like the details! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
Hugs, Alina