Followers

Translate

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Operation Nice Blog Hop Day 2

Coffee of the Day - even MORE Pumpkin Spice!!!! :D

The card I have made for today incorporates a challenge that has been going on over at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge blog. The verse was from Song of Solomon 6:3 "I am my Lover's and my Lover is mine; he browses among the lilies." The whole idea was to make a card for your spouse/significant other/special friend/ and actually give it to them.

I chose a wonderful vintage image that I just fell in love with from Altered Expression. Even though for the challenge we were supposed to make a card in our beloved's style, David likes my vintage cards a lot. I tried to go easy on the 'frou frou' stuff, but I did have to 'make it my own', too! The little strip of paper is from Prima, the buttons are all vintage, the ticket is from Making Memories, and the music sheet is an actual old hymn page. I distressed the papers where I could and added some pretty shimmerz to the lady's hat and sash. my glitter pen added the shine to her ruffled neck line.

The reason I wanted to share this with you today for the blog hop is this - how often do we forget to do something nice to tell our special someone just how much we love them and how important they are to us? way too often in my case. So this week make it a point to do a little something for your honey bunny. You could leave them a note on the front seat of their car while they are at work, send them a card to their workplace, write a special message in the fogged up mirror of your bathroom mirror, tuck a note into a briefcase or bag, surprise them at work for a wonderful lunch, or just whatever is special to the two of you.

If you are on the blog hop, please keep hoppin' on over to Angie's blog!

12 comments:

Kristine said...

This is wonderful!! I don't think it's too "fru fru" at all, and I'm sure he's gonna love it since he likes vintage!! :) Love the bottons you added and that sheet music etc. Beautiful coloring as well. Thanks for playing along! :)

Kathy W. said...

What a beautiful card. Love the vintage feel to it:)
Thanks for playing with us.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card. I love it and the vintage feel of it!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Cindy said...

Very pretty! I like the vintage look!

Sara said...

WOW Jennifer, this is gorgeous!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Oh, what a gorgeous card this is! Very romantic!

Thanks for playing in our challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We hope you'll join us again!

TannyP said...

Beautiful card - and a wonderful thought for the day =) Thanks for sharing!

Yvette said...

Beautiful card! I too love the vintage look! Well done! :)

Alicia said...

Beautiful card!! You are so right about making sure that we do something nice for our "significant other". I've actually just spent the entire day doing nice things for my hubby because it is Father's Day here in Australia. He knew about the big present he was getting (because he asked for it and picked it up himself). I surprised him with another small gift, however, in the form of a card I made him, plus a mug with photos of our girls printed on it. He loved it!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Leish

Unknown said...

It's me again, Jenn, I have left a blog award for you on my blog
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Gina Lindsay said...

It's funny you mentioned writing on the fogged up mirror. We have been married three and a half years and I got out of the shower the other day and my hubby had left me a message like that on the mirror for the first time! We have a write on-wipe off board on the freezer door and we try to leave little notes for each other on there, little thank yous and love notes.

Great idea for a challenge!

gocanucksgo said...

Such a sweet looking card. I love all the little embellishments. Great work =)