Followers

Translate

Monday, September 7, 2009

It's a HAPPY MONDAY at Digital Ink! :)

Coffee of the Day - Chocolate Caramel (hubby is tired of pumpkin spice..... silly guy! :p)

Happy, happy Monday to ya!!! What a beautiful glorious day! Actually, it's pretty overcast here, but it's all in the 'tude ya know! ;)

Welcome to the Grand Opening of Digital Ink, Co.!!!! There is a challenge over on the blog this week and you get to join along with a FREEBIE DIGI!!! let me tell ya folks, life doesn't get much better than that! giggles! You will have from today through Sunday to create an awesome project using this gorgeous Jules Junk Poppy. Then just go back and link your coolness to the challenge blog using Mr. Linky. You could win a prize of free stuff! isn't that neat?!?! Please be sure to visit the other amazing blogs of the DT. I am truly the black sheep of this group. there is some amazing talent sitting on this team!

My card uses the neat Jules Poppy that I watercolored. The center of the flower was painted with beeswax shimmerz. The SEI paper is so neat - it is embossed & so shiny irl. It's kinda hard to see, but there is a delightful filigree pattern in the bg, so I mimicked that on my main image. I used 2 scallop corner punched pieces, but turned them backwards to add a little highlight alongside the upper edges. Toss on a few fun dew drops and some vintage seam tape, and voila! a bright shiny card to hopefully brighten someone's day! The card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square.

Please be sure to play along with us in the challenge this week! I can't wait to see what you have created! and check out the rest of the DT!

love ya! Jennifer

14 comments:

Micki said...

For me it's going to be a White Mocha with 6 pumps of white mocha - stirred, lol.

Jenn, your card is awesome. Love the colors you chose and the DSP complements the flower perfectly. Great job with the coloring!!!!

hugs

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful card Jennifer. Love your arrangement and color selection. Hugs, Peggy

Teri said...

Hey, faberooni card!
Isn't it exciting! Can't wait for all the entries to start flooding in!!
Hugs,
Teri x

TannyP said...

Very pretty, Jennifer! I bet it's stunning in person with the shimmerz & that pretty bkgd. You are truly NOT the black sheep =) You're perfect!

Lynn McAuley said...

Perfect background paper for this gorgeous poppy!! Awesome work, Jennifer!!!

Angie Williams said...

Oh those colors are great!! Love the image too.

Darlene said...

What do you mean Black Sheep ... you have talent oooozzzing out your ears girlie!!! And this is living proof!! LOVE the bg paper you chose with this perfectly colored Poppy!! WELL DONE my friend!! Have a joyous day and have a carmel (anything) for me!!! Yummmmm ...

Yvette said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the poppy and pink!!! :)

Scrapping Julie said...

i could go for some chocolate carmel!! beautiful card and i love your water coloring!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Oh girlie, I had my Pumpkin Spice latte today and it was soooooooooo good. I want you to know that your card is just FABBY! I love how you went with the hip new color theme for a poppy. It is very bold and striking and your papers are gorgeous too!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Betty said...

Beautiful card,love the colors.

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Very bright and cheery and just lovely. This is so great to get me going for a Monday on a Tuesday. With the holiday yesterday I am going to be all off thinking today is Monday. Have a great week.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! I love that flower & the hot pink colour is incredible (gorgeous DP too!) Gotta get me some of that Shimmerz it looks soooo lovely!