Followers

Translate

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Howdy Cute Donkey!!

Coffee of the Day - Almond Roca

Good morning! or should I say, 'Howdy'!!! I am so lovin' this little donkey from Sew Many Cards! He is my most fave of the critters that Angela draws. They are all adorable, but there is just something about this little guy that takes me back to my Texas roots. And the challenge this week is to make anything using a donkey image - so was I ever doin' the happy dance! :) The winner gets free digis from the store, so be sure to play along! New images were released yesterday and new ones come out next week, too! I happen to know that there is a precious freebie up for grabs RIGHT NOW in the Freebie Friday link, so race on over before it's gone for good.

My card uses papers by Flair Designs and Making Memories. All coloring is watercolors with some accents done with my white gel pen. I added some sponging and extra inking on the main image, as well as vanilla craft ink on the card base. The fun trim is from JoAnn's and buttons were some great clearance finds from there, too! 10 cents and 25 cents a card can't be beat!!! and they add such a cute element to any project! a little linen thread bow completes the card! don't ya wanna just rub his ears??!?!

come play along with us! and be sure to check out the rest of the DT projects! you are certain to be in for a treat! :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all the textures that are on this card and it's even better that they didn't cost you much...It adds so much! Nice work!
Anj

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Jennifer, this is the cutest card ever!

kim.mom said...

Love this card! Not only a great image but I love all the elements you added!

Scrapping Julie said...

how darn adorable. great layout and coloring!

Sheila said...

Great card, Jennifer! Love the dimension from all the layering. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

i love your donkey!!!!! you did a great card-i love the howdy!

xoxo
sarabeth

Unknown said...

gotta love those bargain finds!!! :)

Stef H said...

awwwww! awwwww! this is soooooooooooo cute!

hugs,

Yvette said...

I LOVE it! Love the whole western feel of it, the little horseshoes, howdy and, well, just everything! Awesome job!

sophiesmama said...

Too, too cute Jennifer! Can't wait to see the card you make with Donkey and the coffee mug!
Hugs,
Mary

Darlene said...

Very, very cute Jennifer!! Great job of coloring and your layout is truly Texas inspired! Great job!

Lauri said...

What a great card! I love you do embellish your layouts.there is always so much detail to what you do! Hope you are feeling better too!