Followers

Translate

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cards for the Boys

Coffee of the Day - Creme Brulee

Good morning to everyone! I hope it is just super glorious wherever you are!

I wanted to share with you my card projects from yesterday. It's kinda funny actually - I made 2 cards, 1 for Wes and 1 for another little boy I'll tell you about, but David didn't want to send the one I made for Wesley, so we're actually gonna mail him the one from this post instead. Several of you have asked me about sending him cards - I've emailed his mom to get their thoughts first. I want to be sensitive to what they are going through. But I'll post just as soon as I hear back. Today Wes goes to the oncologist. Before I even got out of bed this morning, I was praying for this visit. I know how that first trip can be. My oncologist is phenomenal - I wouldn't trade him for any other dr. around. He is as tenacious as a dog with a bone, but also kind. I hope and pray the same for Wesley. I would trade places with him in a heartbeat if I could. He has already undergone 1 surgery for this. But God is holding him tightly in His loving, healing arms. and I have to trust God to do exactly what He promises us He will do. Thank you for your prayers!

My first card uses a very cute (unless you don't happen to think little spideys are cute! grins!) from Shirley's 2 Girls. Be sure to drop by SNR this weekend for Digi Day, as S2G is sponsoring it! There is sure to be lots of fun whenever this group of gals is involved! anyway, 2 of the guys in my fam are TERRIFIED of spiders. think that might have something to do with why Dave didn't want to send this card?!?! ;) I happen to like them, so I thought this card was cute! this poor guy just looks like he knows he's always getting a bad rap. The paper is from Daisy Hill. love that great trim I picked up at JoAnn's.

The next card uses this adorable little image from Digi Stamp Characters. It's called Boy with his dog. The paper is from Cosmo Cricket. Kept it simple, as it's for a 2 year old boy whose 5 year old sister, Kate, is battling cancer. You can find more info about the card drive going on at this post here on Jennifer McGuire's blog.

I'm also posting both of these cards for the challenge issued for Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog this week - make a card to encourage a child. although Wes isn't technically a child anymore, gosh, I remember back when his mom was pregnant at Dave and I's wedding. So I think this will count. But I woulda made a card anyhow.

all of you take care and have a wonderful day! love ya! Jennifer

ETA - Wes's mom says cards will be great. email me for addy.

13 comments:

TannyP said...

Very sweet cards (I'm okay with a spider image...just not the real thing!)

Hoping all goes well for your nephew.

Kaytee said...

Very cute spider!!! (and I am definitely not a spider fan!)

Stef H said...

now that is awesome! i love your crafter's verse and see you're also a follower of stamping sisters in christ! boy! great minds think alike. i am soooooo glad to have met you.

hugs,

TexasGrammy said...

Oh my goodness! What darling & perfect cards! (Not a big spidey fan here, but I know the little guys love'em!) Your cards are destined to bring GOOD! And that is fabulous by all accounts!

Blessings to you as well,
Bev

Darlene said...

These are both such cute BOY cards!! Well done!! I wish them well and will pray for them.
I know what you mean about "lovin' your oncologist" ... my husband's doctors are amazing!! God Bless them for being able to help us through these tough times!

Yvette said...

Creme brulee is sooo good! :)

This is about the ONLY type of spider I like... the ones on paper! The spider card is sooo cute! And the trim is fab!

S2G said...

JENNIFER...love the sweet little mis-understood spider...'spidy'...what a bad rap he gets...LOL
I jut adore what you did!!! very boy-ee! they'll love it!
thanks for spreading the word...you're great! May I ask who is the little boy with health issues? what does he have? DEIDRE

Lauri said...

Jennifer you are the most thoughtful and postive person! What a difficult time but so many have your nephew in prayer!

Scrapping Julie said...

both of these are awesome. i dont like spiders either. they are soo creapy with all of those legs!

Anita said...

Cute card! Could you email me Wes address? anitamocha@charter.net

Justine said...

These are great card! Too funny I am TERRIFIED of spiders but love spider cards, that is until someone mentions the word spider and then it becomes creepy. LOL did that even make sense? Can't wait to see what you do with this weeks Twisted Thursday sketch. Hugz

Lisa Hjulberg said...

What wonderful cards... but even more, what a beautiful thing you are doing, praying for and encouraging these children. My heart and prayers go out to them, and all other kids (and adults, too, for that matter) who battle that terrible disease. Praise God for strength!

Thanks for playing in our Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. We hope you'll join us again!

Hugs,
Lisa

Kristine said...

Hi Jennifer! Sorry it's taken me this long to come visit and comment on your entry from last week's SSC CHallenge! These are both soo awesome, and the stories behind them are very touching. You are so kind to encourage these little boys. Trust the Lord always and He will do what He promises. Great thing for all to remember. I'm so glad to have you participating from week to week at SSCC. It's great to get to know you better through your blog and these posts. Many blessings to you this week.

xXx